isync problems with siemens s66

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by artalliance, Mar 10, 2005.

1. artalliance macrumors 6502

Feb 28, 2005
    In the cool neighborhood of LA
    For whatever reason whenever I try to add my Siemens S66 as a device in isync, the phone gives me an "application locked" error message for a split second and then isync is unable to find the device.
    Any ideas?

When I try to set it up manually through the BT Setup Assistant, the isync option is grayed out. Supposedly the S66 is supported. :confused:
  2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004
    American living in Canada
    Hmmm... my S56 also says "application locked" and while it displays that is during the upload/download operation. Perhaps there is not much on the phone that needs to be updated?
  3. artalliance thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 28, 2005
    In the cool neighborhood of LA
  4. applestate macrumors newbie

Mar 16, 2005
    Resolution Link

Here's a link that may have your answer, it worked for me. Also, the Application Locked message pops up during the synch. It took me a while to figure out that there was nothing wrong. It now works perfectly.

S66 and iSync

Good luck!
  5. roguegeek macrumors newbie

Mar 24, 2005
    I tried doing it the way explained in that link. It's basically the same way, but you initiate the connection from the phone instead of from the Mac, right? Anyway, I tried it and it still doesn't work. I can get the devices to connect initially, but when I go to iSync and try to add the device, it doesn't even find it. Any suggestions?
  6. rkphoto macrumors regular

Feb 1, 2005
    I just finished doing the same thing with the exact same phone. Basically I think you have to set up the phone to recognize the computer first and then open bluetooth set up assistant on the computer so that it will recognize the phone. It will probably help if you go into the bluetooth settings on both the phone and computer and delete what you have already done and start from scratch. If that doesn't work try doing it in the other order computer first and phone second. It took me a little while to figure out but now it works seamlessly.