iSync problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by G99, Apr 7, 2006.

1. G99 macrumors 6502

G99

I connect my iPod to my mac via USB, and open up iSync. I try adding my iPod as a new device, but iSync says "No device found", although the iPod has been detected. Last week I connected my phone via bluetooth and synced-could this be the cause of the problem? Could it be that iSync tries to search for new devices via bluetooth?:confused:
    Picture 1.png

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What version of the OS are you on? My iPod syncs through iTunes and has since early on in Tiger. Maybe look at the iPod preferences in iTunes and see if you can sync that way. :)

3. G99 thread starter macrumors 6502

G99

I'm using 10.4.6. I guess I could sync through iTunes, but I thought iSync was a lot more powerful in this area?

4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I think the only way to sync on tiger is through iTunes. What is it you want to do with it that iTunes doesn't when syncing?

5. adam-uk macrumors member

adam-uk

Hey, whilst were on the topic of iSync...anyone know how i can make it work with my new Sonyericsson W810i?

Ide like to sync Contacts, iCal and such

Cheers

6. G99 thread starter macrumors 6502

G99

Is this with the iPod, or with all devices?
    Make sure the phone is "visible" on bluetooth, have it near your mac, open up iSync, and click "add new device".

7. adam-uk macrumors member

adam-uk

Says my W810i isnt supported...so im a bit stumped. Going to have to look for plug-ins or something to update it. Hurrmmmm...

8. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Oh yeah, I forgot about syncing an iPod with iCal, etc. I only have a measly old shuffle so I only use iTunes. So I have no clue why- sorry

9. djdarlek macrumors regular

Yeah, looks like us UK peeps are still getting mobiles well before our US counterparts. The w810i is a gorgeous phone after manhandling a Razr for the best past of 16 months.. What a waste of space that was, but this new Sony works well with mac bluetooth, excluding iSync. However, i'm sure they will update it, and until then we can just use this handy plugin!

http://mobile.feisar.com/ccount/click.php?id=39

Cheers!

10. slugtrail macrumors newbie

Nova Media

Had the same problem, but stumbled accross Nova Media's iSync plug-in: http://www.novamedia.de/sync/ which adds support for the w810 :)

11. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Since Tiger, syncing contacts and such with your iPod is now handled by iTunes, not isync. Other devices, like phones and PDA's are handled in isync.

12. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Even iCal and contacts are synced via iTunes, so iSync is basically reserved for phones and PDAs these days. Just go into iTunes preferences under the iPod tab, and you can choose which contact lists and calendars to sync. It looks like this:

[​IMG]

Edit: sorry swiftaw, I should have seen your post. I'm not sure how I missed it. Well, I guess I added a picture, at least ;)

13. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Hate to revive this thread, but how the heck do I install this plugin?

EDIT: never mind, new thread started.