iSync with T68 help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by makkystyle, Nov 26, 2002.

1. makkystyle macrumors regular

On the 7th I ordered a PowerBook 1gig 1gig SD, my first mac since my old IIcx. I have the Ericsson T68m and am interested in using iSync with it once I receive the computer. Does iSync work with the T68m. Unfortunately, SonyEricsson does not offer the T68i software upgrade to the US so short of buying a new phone, i'm stuck with the T68m.

Anyone have any info on this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

T68 is supported

Your phone is supported with iSync.

iSync phones

Just a reminder: Make sure you buy the D-link USB adapter in order for the isyncing to work.

I have the T68i (with a TiBook) and I use iSync all the time. Works like a charm.

Chad4pv

3. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i cannot seem to make my mac and t68 communicate with each other.

does one have to install any extra software aside from isync?

any help would be appreciated.

thx.

4. Noiseboy macrumors regular

RedApple.

Assuming you are using Bluetooth with the D-Link usb adapter you should look at
    this

I hope this works ok.

GW.

5. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Isn't Bluetooth support already built into 10.2?

Also, does anyone know about using a Bluetooth mobile phone as a modem? I know with my PC Laptop and I could connect my Kyocera phone with a serial cable and use it as a 19.2 Kbps modem. How would you even configure your Bluetooth "modem" in OSX?

6. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Bluetooth support is built into 10.2 and up, but the bluetooth hardware adaptor is NOT. You have to buy a little bluetooth dongle. once you plug it in, in your system prefs a bluetooth panel shows up. You will have to pair your phone with the machine. In the control panel, chack a box that says "show Bluetooth in menu bar" - from there you can search for bluetooth devices. Also, you probably did this, you have to set your phone to be discoverable.

To use it as a modem:

Click me.

Hope it helps