iSync won't open on new MB

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mashinhead, Jun 3, 2006.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I'm trying to open it for the first time. I dragged it in the dock and when i try to open it the black arrow underneath comes when i click it and disappears and nothing happens.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can you open it from the Applications folder? :)

3. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Had to reinstall, it works now. But i couldn't before to answer your ?

4. ipedro macrumors 68030

ipedro

My iSync won't open at all. I deleted it and all its affiliated files and downloaded iSync from the apple site. It still didn't open. I waited a couple of weeks for the new Tiger update which deals with iSync and yet again, all I get is a bouncing iSync icon indefinitely. :(

I need iSync to sync my address book and iCal to my phone ... I've been so confused all week because I can't look at my schedule on my phone.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Look for a file named com.apple.isync.plist in your Preferences folder and drag it to the Desktop. :)

6. ipedro macrumors 68030

ipedro

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So that didn't work? Does it open in a new user account? I know you just updated to 10.4.7 but have you tried reinstalling the combo update? It should automatically replace files that may have been lost or renamed. :)

8. ipedro macrumors 68030

ipedro

Thanks MadJew ... I'll check that when I get home. I'm considering wiping my MBP clean and reinstalling from scratch. I'm having issues with Quick User Switching, Applications running out of memory (even though I have 2GB), the iSync, and my MBP only runs for 1hour on battery before turning off without warning. :confused: :eek:

Btw, repairing permissions crashes the MBP.

This update really f$%cked up my MBP.

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Wow. What sort of third party hardware and software do you have on this thing? Maybe try booting from the restore DVD and repairing the hard disk using Disk Utility. :)

10. BikeMike macrumors newbie

my understanding is that iSync is no longer needed in Tiger for .Mac iDisk users. This may not apply to you, and might be sad if you still need it and it still doesn't work.

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

True, it's becoming redundant, but it's still needed for syncing with other devices such as phones. :)