Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by .a, Oct 15, 2002.

1. .a macrumors regular

Dec 5, 2001
    isync just crashed once, after installing it on my desktop. on my powerbook: no problemo. now it works great with my palm and with the mac-to-mac synchronisation.
    since isync is just beta it works quite fine for me. it's realy easy to handle. and soon, the sony erricsson t68i will be mine - just for the sync-fun... :)
  2. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

Apr 20, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I got the T68i last week or so and have had ample time to screw around with it -- including the Bluetooth functions with my Bluetooth adapter for my PB.

It's great for backing up your contacts and iCal. All you do is set your Bluetooth on the PB to look for the T68i, type in a code for both the PB and T68i, do a little iSync, and you are off to the races. Everything backs up and updates.

I really enjoy having this function, especially when I almost lost my phone the other weekend. It really didn't matter because I had all my contacts and info stored on the PB -- all except for the phone, or course. Sure made everything less stressful though.

The phone itself is a little slow. It's almost like it needs a faster chip in it! There is a small lag time when messing around with the thing.

let me know if you need anymore info on it!

3. bellboy macrumors member

Feb 5, 2002
    does the T68i sync automatically?

I've got a D-Link adaptor, and am waiting for my newly purchased T68i to arrive... quick question though:

Will the T68i sync automatically every time it comes into range of the bluetooth equipped mac?
  4. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

Apr 20, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Well, not really.

In order for me to connect via Bluetooth adapter to T68i I have to do a couple steps, and it depends on the action I intend to do.

The adapter is in the USB port, which automatically turns on Bluetooth conductivity on the desktop. On the phone itself, activate Bluetooth and make it detectable for three minutes, which from what I have noticed in the longest time premitted (e.g., you can't have it activated for hours on end with one activation setting -- conductivity shuts down after three minutes). Lauch iSync, and you are set. Get you iCal, contacts, etc. on the T68i. Love it

Address Book Dial:
    The adapter is in the USB port, which automatically turns on Bluetooth conductivity. Launch Address Book. Set the bluetooth to be detectable for three minutes. Click on the bluetooth icon on the address Book, which searches and finds T68i -- enter password on PB and T68i, which finalizes sync. Place mouse cursor on Address Book contacts mobile, work, or home phone number (actually, place the cursor on the "mobile," "work," or "home.") A list pops down, indecating Large type, SMS Messaging, or Dial. From here you can dial or SMS. Using Address Book to dial takes a bit of work, and it is almost easier to dial.

Haven't done the internet connect, but I assume it consists of similar steps.

Maybe I'm missing something or am doing it wrong -- but everytime the T68i comes in range with your Bluetooth Mac doesn't mean it will sync automatically.

Whatever, at least I have all my contacts and iCal when I need them, both sync'd on my PB and T68i identically.