1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

It comes to my surprise that iOS 7 is not even optimized for iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by leanh1991, Sep 20, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Ok so I just took my iphone 5S today.

Rushed out to buy this model because I thought iOS 7 is optimized for A7 chip already. However, when I tried to use the phone the sluggish animations still appeared and there are even some glitches when using the multitasking tray. To be honest I felt like I am using an Android phone instead of the golden standard iPhone. One of the bug I can reproduce in every iPhone model is the double status bar: when u are in an app, double click to enter the multitasking tray and then swipe up immediately to close the app, another status bar appears.

However, amazing things are the Touch ID app when I could assign my finger as a passcode to unlock my phone, iTunes Radio and Siri. They worked very well especially Siri when she recognized exactly my accent, which did not happen in iOS 6.

So I guess 7.0 is just an early stage of the new iOS, and it needs more works to be more polished? What are your thoughts?

2. macrumors 6502

On the bright side, Apple will likely keep patching bugs at a fast rate. And, it won't have to get carrier approval before pushing these updates out to its users.

3. macrumors 603

Tyler23

The double status bar bug is related to apps that have not yet updated themselves for iOS 7. This is the fault of those app developers, not an issue with the phone or iOS 7.

4. macrumors G3

It only does it when you close the app next to the springboard app. If you move one app over it doesn't do that. Its probably picking that up from the Springboard. Still looks off.

5. macrumors 603

The animation speed is set by Apple, it has nothing to do with the speed of the device.

6. macrumors 601

Armen

I heard Apple released 7.0.1 update for the 5S and 5C. Go to settings > general > software update and check please.

7. macrumors G3

Nope. I can consistently do it with Calendar and Photos.

8. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

The animations are not "sluggish" due to the hardware. That is by design. You may find them "Sluggish" but I don't find these new animations get in the way at all.

9. macrumors member

I'm not convinced - I get the same issue using Mail.app!

10. macrumors 603

Tyler23

Are you talking about a double status bar (ie, where it says carrier, time, battery), or a duplicate icon for the app with no app window showing? I think I've confused what the OP was referring to.

11. EJ8
    macrumors 6502

Exactly. They WANT them this speed.

12. macrumors G3

Status bar is the top bit with carrier, time and battery.

Here is the feedback I sent to Apple so you can replicate the issue.

1. Launch Photos

2. Double click for multitasking.

3. Close Photos, or which ever app is next to Springboard.

You will see the status bar pulled in from the Springboard while still in multitasking view. This does not happen if you remove step 1 and just go to multitasking directly from the Springboard.

13. macrumors 6502a

I don't see how people aren't bothered with them. It irritates me to unlock the phone and when I tap an app it won't open until the animation is done. Surely I am not the only one that can tap before its completed the animation.

Speed it up Apple.

14. macrumors 603

Tyler23

Gotcha. Yeah, I know what the status bar is but hadn't seen that issue before.

15. macrumors G3

New to me as well, but it is a consistent bug.

The worst part is, I never noticed it until he said something, and now I can't help but see it. LOL.

Its bound to be fixed though.

16. macrumors 6502a

Seriously?

17. macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

I can replicate this bug on an iPhone 5 too. Will report to Apple too.

18. macrumors newbie

In my opinion iOS 7 lost its smoothness and fluidity of previous iOS version because of some minor glitches and I dont mind living with them until there is a patch.
    Overall I felt satisfied with what Apple provided in the 5S and hoped they will push out updates to optimize performance soon.

19. macrumors 6502a

Seriously?

20. macrumors regular

Nebulance

I can replicate this... I didn't even notice this until I tried it -- I don't think it's that big of an issue in general, but is something I imagine should be fixed.

edit: on an iPhone 5

21. macrumors 6502

Well that puts that one to bed.

I am keeping my 5 for another year. :D

22. macrumors newbie

If you notice, ios 7 often doesnt register the 1st tap when u go through multiple menus fast. This is the main prob of android... the unresponsivness of the UI. I really really hope Apple addresses this problem of the animations lag. DO send more lag reports to apple! We need to gather support for them to take action. At least give us the option of turning off the animations or speeding it up or overwriting the animations with inputs.

23. macrumors 6502a

How does this break the OS ?

24. macrumors G3

Please cite where I said it breaks the OS.

Its a visual bug that should be fixed.

25. macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure... There are bugs that were reported in earlier betas that never got addressed.

Here's to hoping, though.