It goes out for the "white spot" and...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by capone2, Apr 27, 2005.

1. capone2 macrumors regular

...comes back with 8 dead pixels!!!. I sent my Powerbook G4 17" 1.5ghz to Texas to get the whitespot repaired, before I gave it to the genius bar, i specifically checked for dead pixels and i didn't have a one. I recieve the computer first thing in the morning at my office but i didn't open it till i got home then I counted 8 dead pixels???? What happened does anyone know? :confused:

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

That would be a question best answered by whoever worked on your laptop. did they tell you what they did to repair it in the first place? They may have replaced the display, but I find it odd that they would release it knowing that it is now more damaged then before.

If it is still under warranty / applecare I would call the bar, and ask what they did, and demand they fix it. (politely of course)

3. capone2 thread starter macrumors regular

Can you believe that ? I had no dp's and it came back with them, so basically they did not look when they recieved the computer? Unreal.

4. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I don't understand. It went out to have the white spot fixed. This requires tossing the LCD in the trash, fixing the bracing behind the LCD itself, and putting in a new LCD. Your new LCD has dead pixels even though your old one didn't. They're not the same LCD.

Anyway, I think you're probably above the cutoff at which the number of dead pixels renders the display "defective", so go ahead and take it back and let them know about the problem.

5. capone2 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes my old screen had no dead pixels and this has them, no one can believe it.!! and yes they know about it and im sending it back sometime next week. I have procare on it so it comes back fast.

6. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I've had the same problem with AppleCare repairs on my iBook. Sent it out for the logic board issue and it came back with two hairs behind the LCD. They were very noticable. I cannot believe that the repair techs don't check before they ship your computer back. Most of the time, my iBook comes back in worse shape than before. Scratches, pen marks, cracked corner, I've had all these problems. Call Apple, they will take it back and fix it.