It happened again

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by berkleeboy210, Aug 9, 2005.

1. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Gotta love FedEx and MacMall. Ordered a Cinema Display late last night, paid for 2 day shipping, but yet it's on a vehicle for delivery, less than 12hrs after i've placed the order.

Doesn't get much better than that.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

3. berkleeboy210 thread starter macrumors 68000

by 3pm today :)

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's a very impressive response time. By your title, are you saying this has happened before? I'm jealous.

5. berkleeboy210 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yup, Ordered a G5 last week, 2nd day was significantly cheaper than overnight, but yet i got it overnight anyway. :) saved about 60-70 bucks on shipping.

6. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

That's awesome to hear.

I've never had that happen with computers before. However, whenever I order something form Amazon.com I always select the "free shipping 8-10 days", and it usually gets to me in no more than 3.

7. berkleeboy210 thread starter macrumors 68000

MacMall is wonderful, now if i could only use my edu. discount w/them it'd be even better. But for that kind of deliivery service, I'd gladly pay full retail for them to keep up the great work they are doing.

You can order up until like 10pm/11pm est and have the item shipped out that night and in your hands the next morning.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Very impressed by the service. Did you get your purchase tax free? You should have ordered them together. Then AppleCare would cover both of them. IMHO AppleCare is important.

9. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Quick shipping is a good part of why I use Newegg for most computer purchases; usually I get the item faster than I'm supposed to.