It is Magic Mouse good for games?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by vcastrejont, Nov 29, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2012
    I like to play world of warcraft, sc2, and some FPS I wonder if magic mouse included on the Imac is good for playing those games or I better take Magic Trackpad and buy a better game mouse from amazon?

2. macrumors 65816

May 25, 2012
    I would be suprised if most games support either tbh.

Grab a gaming mouse that has more than 1 button unless you wanna get destoryed lol.
  3. macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2009
    its terrible for games. Trackpad and gaming mouse is the way to go.

Main reason is its hard to press right click / left quickly - impossible to press at same time and the occaiionsal unintended scroll can mess up your game.
    aside from that it is a very nice mouse for all things not gaming.
  4. macrumors member

Feb 14, 2009
    the apple magic mouse and apple mighty mouse both suck for gaming
  5. macrumors 65816

Jun 30, 2010
    Nope. For me it simply isn't thick enough. It is fine for browsing but not gaming. And a trackpad to game on? Horrible.
    Pick up a gaming mouse. One with numeric keys and use it when u game.
  6. macrumors 6502

Nov 16, 2009
    I assume the OP is thinking Trackpad + gaming mouse because you have to pick 1,
    trackpad or Magic mouse in the package, he is better off picking the trackpad and have the benefit of being able to use gestures. I do not he meant use trackpad for gaming.
  7. macrumors 68040

Nov 3, 2011
    Used Magic Mouse for 2 months for gaming - it was horrible.
  8. macrumors 68000

James Craner

Sep 13, 2002
    Bristol, UK
    Yep, all Apple mice suck for gaming, partly because they are slow, and you can't press the right and left mouse buttons at the same time on the 'Magic' mouse. Razer make some really nice gaming mice, with Mac driver support. I recommend the Deathadder or maybe the Naga if you are into WoW.
  9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2012
    Solved - thanks

thanks for all the answers I will pick trackpad and buy some wireless logitech mouse
  10. macrumors member

Nov 11, 2011
    I like my Razer DeathAdder mouse. Not a lot of widgets and gizmos, but a solid 5 button gaming mouse.
  11. macrumors member

Oct 12, 2012
    Århus, Denmark
    It actually has both right and left click. But it's not by default, you have to apply for it in sytem-settings. I play games with my magic mouse and i think it rocks!
  12. macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2011
    as others said it is a nightmare! I personally use a standard old wired microsoft optical mouse. It is 1000% better for gaming...
  13. macrumors 6502a

Nov 10, 2012
    Apple mice aren't good for much except Facebook.

You'd be much better off buying another mouse. Most mice these days should work on a Mac.