It looks like I might get more CPUs going

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by trainguy77, Aug 24, 2006.

1. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Nov 13, 2003
    Well some of my fellow keeners in the folding world may have know i work/help out at a school. I do ALOT of computer work there and I talked to the guy in charge. And he said we could do a test on a couple computers to see how much folding slows them down if any. :) So today I installed it on 2 Athlon 64s. And next time I go in, I will install it on another 20-30 P4s. And if he has no complaints with them I can install it on the rest of them. So that will be about 100 CPUs. CPU speed will average out at about 1.2 Ghz. Some faster some at 1 Ghz. But with any luck I will be able to catch up to dreadnought at mc68k. And of coarse help our team out of this slump. :eek:
  2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Jul 22, 2002
    Almere, The Netherlands
    GREAT, go for it!!

Hmmm, not so great... :mad: Let's do the math: I have one dual 1.8 G5, so that's about 4 of your processors, so I'll be outnumbered with another 100 or so... Don't like those odds...
  3. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

Nov 13, 2003
    don't worry I am sure you will find more computers..........dreadnought thinks........time to start volunteering at a schooll...........:D