It maybe Nader as Kerry's running mate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by acidrock, Mar 31, 2004.

1. acidrock macrumors 6502

It was reported on npr's website, sorry it's not there any more, but Nader is going to meet with Kerry to talk about being his vice president. I'm not sure what to think, I was hoping it would be McCain but this might be an interesting move. Maybe Nader would be able to reach more of the younger generation as he did in the last election.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Um, yeah Kerry should combat his perception as an 'elitist liberal' by picking someone to his left? I think Nader would cost Kerry more votes from the middle than he would get him on the left.

No, I think it has to be a moderate southerner. Not that I don't want to see Ralph sitting in Tricky Dick's office, but I don't see it happening.

3. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

i'm canadian so my opinion doesn't really matter here. I think that nader seems like a very trustworthy kinda guy. I see him in the media here and there and he is always up to something good. seems like he wants to help people by doing more than just leading them.

4. vwcruisn macrumors regular

that would be awesome.. theyd have my vote for sure... and seeing as how i really want to vote for nader, but cant bring myself to vote my conscience because of the severity of this election.. it would make me very happy

5. timmyOtool macrumors member

No way Nader will be on the ticket. I once thought that Nader was a good guy, but now I think that the only reason he runs is to insure the Democratic vote is split giving Repulicans a real advantage. I would like to trace where Nader get his money from and is if he has any super secret GOP ties. In case anyone here missed it, he has no chance of winning ever and he will only take votes away from Kerry. As for the two running together, again no chance, Kerry needs to even out the ticket. They are probably meeting so Kerry can try to talk him out of running.

6. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

7. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I don't think this would be possible. Nader is way too radical for mainstream America. And he's not enough of a politician either. Kerry/Nader would get slaughtered if that was the ticket.

Nader used to be so awesome too. Read unsafe at any speed. For a book about 40-year old poorly engineered cars, it's a page turner. I swear!

8. acidrock thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish this were true, but the fact that it was on npr's website for such a short time makes me have to wonder!

9. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

Never will happen, like has been mentioned he is far to liberal to be chosen in this case.