It Shipped!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cast128, Aug 26, 2003.

1. cast128 macrumors member

Just looked at my order status this morning and it said my powermac g5 1.8 ghz shipped via fed ex ground!! Im so exited, i can hardly wait. Just thought I would share the good news!

2. cc bcc macrumors 6502

Damn you! :) Mine is still "being assembled"..
    Did you get the standard 1.8? I'm getting a custom 1.8, 9800pro and bluetooth.

Have fun and please report you findings! Do you know when it arrives?

3. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

Very good News Man!!!! Make sure to make a complete Photo Album of the unpacking! :) I love the way Apple makes the boxes! Congratulations on your Purchase :)

4. markiv810 macrumors regular

Congratulations, should be getting you PowerMac G5 within this week. What was the shipping date on it when you ordered. I am supposed to be getting mine on Sep 2nd, I hope Apple ships it this week.

5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I hope you enjoy your new G5 when you receive it.

6. crazedbytheheat macrumors regular

Shipping Type

Is there any way to tell how an order is going to ship? I ordered a monitor (23") when I placed my pre-order for my G5. It shipped FedEx overnight with Saturday delivery. I was assuming my G5 would ship the same way, i.e. I'd have it this Saturday if the ship by the 29th date is met.

Please get here Saturday. Please, please, please!

7. grahamtriggs macrumors regular

grahamtriggs

Re: It Shipped!!!!!!

So why are you still here? :D

8. crazedbytheheat macrumors regular

Re: Shipping Type

Responding to my own post: My shipping method says "Bestway". I'm assuming this means that all are being shipped via overnight w/ Saturday delivery. Here's hoping it ships on time. If not, the next shipping date is next Tuesday. :(

9. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

you know we expect pictures right?

we mean pictures of everything. the empty street in anticipation, the fedex truck, the delivery guy, your credit card number, the box, the opening of the box, your social security number, the packaging, the manuals, your drivers license number, the first boot, and the whole setup. get MOVING!

10. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I will sit on your doorstep and intercept this package. muhaha
    ;)

11. harry4000 macrumors newbie

I can feel the excitement in the digital airwaves and I had to share my story. I just ordered a dual 2Ghz G5.

Oh, and this is my first Mac ever. I've been Windozed most of my life. I feel like I should be on a TV commercial with a bright white background and casually saying:

"I started Windows many years ago because I enjoyed the power, the performance, the feeling of being free. But over the years Windows made me more and more restricted. It took me away from things that I used to be able to do. It caused problems that I ignored at first but the problems kept getting bigger. It seemed like the more time went on, the less freedom I actually had, and the more I became dependant on a lifestyle that wasn't what I wanted.

"I got a Mac because it's Unix and it's clean. I feel like I can finally breathe normally again and do the things that I always wanted to do. I feel rejuvinated. I can live my life in the fast lane like I always wanted to. I feel like I'm finally back on the right track."

Hmm.. that can either be an Apple commercial or an Anti-Drug commercial. Take your pick.

-Harry