IT SHIPPED!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by reaper, Jul 9, 2004.

1. reaper macrumors 6502

My new 17" shipped!!! I was pretty shocked this morning when I checked on the order status to see that it had shipped, since my order had been delayed for shipping address issues. And the most shocking thing is that it's coming from CA, not overseas. Anyone else had theirs come from CA???

Also, anyone have any hints on how to pass the time waiting? The worst thing is that it's the weekend now with nothing else to occupy my mind. I know I'm going to be in the "check Fed-Ex every 10 minutes" mode all weekend, and I just hope I can keep my sanity until Monday.

My only other Mac purchase was at a local store, which involved on the wait in the checkout until I could open the box. Oh well, hopefully it will be a short weekend!!!

- reaper

2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Guahhahahahh!

DOn't mess with my mind! I see "IT SHIPPED" and I think it's the dual 2.5s.

Don't get me excited like that... :D :mad:

3. FasterSoonerNow macrumors member

Hahaha... Mine shipped as well, man. :)

Can't wait until Monday.

I think there are 2 possibilities:

1) The location in California keeps popular BTO models on hand (I believe you got an identical PB to mine, with the faster harddrive and better video RAM?)

2) It was sent from Taiwan to California. On Fed Ex tracking, it says "Pre-Routed Meter Package Picked Up" next to the first time event... so that could be it. Who knows.

But we'll both have new 17" Powerbooks Monday. Rock.

4. TheSkipper macrumors newbie

My 12" shipped on Thursday from Tawain. Fedex is estimating that it will be here by Monday at 10:30am. Hopefully they are accurate so I don't have to wait all day for that door bell to ring. Have a fun weekend waiting...

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I was thinking that or the new displays :)

6. Maxicek macrumors regular

My 15" shipped today too, about 7 days earlier than when it was listed when I ordered.
    I can't wait until Monday. Its being delivered to work so leaving it in the box until I get home will be torture!

7. reaper thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry to disappoint on the new displays and pms... :eek: Haven't even been able to think about them for the past few days. :D

Faster, congrats on the shipment! It seems right that since we both got the same BTO model, which has to be a fairly popular model, it would ship from the same place.

Wow... I can't believe I'll have my second Mac on Monday. YAY!!! :D :D :D

- reaper

8. reaper thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I had it shipped to work so I wouldn't have to wait (that was the address hold-up). I know it won't be easy, but be strong - it'll be that much more exciting when you get home! :)

- reaper

9. reaper thread starter macrumors 6502

That actually just means that the slip was pre-made using a fed ex shipping program (it says the same thing when i track something i send from work made with a fed ex program and label maker). I think it's probably coming right from CA to our awaiting hands!

- reaper

10. jhomayne macrumors regular

my ibook was shipped on wednesday (by TNT Nederlands apparently)

i still don't know when it's gonna come or what country it's in.. :(

EDIT: i'm in the UK btw

11. reaper thread starter macrumors 6502

So you still haven't been able to track it? You should call Apple and figure out what's going on. I mean, they provide you with numbers for a reason and they should work. I would take it up with them so that you can get some peace of mind.

- reaper

12. jhomayne macrumors regular

yeah, call me stupid but i still aint entirely sure which number to enter in which box.etc..

13. reaper thread starter macrumors 6502

Not at all. It's probably just an issue with logging the shipment into TNT's database and not your problem at all. You have every reason to wonder where YOUR package is - you paid for it after all.

- reaper