It sounds like every other person has problems with printer

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by boneca, Feb 15, 2005.

1. boneca macrumors 6502

I think I have read about 10 post in a past couple of days concerning some problems with printing to (HP) primarily printers from they Mac, beginning with my post couple of days ago.

Apple having issues with printers?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Can't say I've actually noticed it, but, 10.3.8 just released...connected?? :eek:

3. boneca thread starter macrumors 6502

updated to 10.3.8 few days ago, no changes tho...

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Hmm, Mum mentioned on the phone last night that her HP printer has stopped working through Express. Will have to see if she ran Software Update since Christmas and if 10.3.8 could be the culprit.

5. boneca thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think that upgrading to 10.3.8 is potential point for problems with printers/printing not in my case anyway, I had problem before upgrading and after. But my case could be not the most discussed here as I'm referring mostly to network printing.

6. TIGERmac macrumors member

I too have noticed quite a few printer trouble threads lately.

My Canon Pixma has had no issues under 10.3.7 or 10.3.8. Canon truly did a tremendous job with their OS X drivers...yes, they're even better than the Windows drivers, in my opinion.

While I've only used HP printers with Windows, I have found the drivers to be less than stellar. Perhaps changes made in the latest OS X update are the cause of these problems. Who knows?

7. Italiano macrumors newbie

For every problem you hear about 1000 other users aren't having any - only problems are posted not "non-problems" :p

8. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

My Epson printer work just fine, it's the &%@#ing ink cartridges that are pissing me off! :mad: