it takes a thief (tv show..)

Discussion in 'Community' started by vieoray, Mar 2, 2005.

1. vieoray macrumors regular

anybody ever watched this? it comes on discovery channel wednesday nights. two ex-theives break in houses and show the participants weak points of home security, then they fix up the house with whatever it needs to be secure and try to break in again.

its nothing special but it caught my eye tonight as i was flipping by, i saw what i thought was an eMac for a split second, so i kept watching, and sure enough they made off with an eMac. the family also had a sony pc but the burglars decided not to take it, hehe :) the guy living in the house was an artist who had a basement full of gorgeous paintings and as part of the security overhaul they put software on his mac so he could catalog his paintings with a barcode system.

2. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

The burglar stole a bunch of Apple stuff on a previous episode. The "victim" family's daughter had a G3 iMac, an iPod and a newer G4 PB. The iPod and PB got jacked along with the father's generic PC notebook. The burglar said the PB would sell for more $$$ than the PC. :D

3. Sideonecincy macrumors 6502

Tonite was the first time I saw it. My brother told me about it so I decided to watch it and it turned out to be pretty good. The guy on tonites episode had some really cool paintings. I think they did steal the Sony computer though. Kinda made me look around my house and think of how easy someone could break in. Excellent show though

4. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

sounds like a show that would be right up my alley. Not that I'm a thief or anything

5. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

I love that show. It’s made me think about the security of my own home. I've now locked up all my personal/financial papers and secured my computer. Next is locking up my wife’s jewelry, installing the motion sensor flood light outside, and installing the house alarm.

I am amazed at how little people were doing in their own homes. I mean we always locked the doors when we go out. Even if we were just taking a walk around the block, but some of these people just left doors unlocked all the time.

6. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

nope, just the LCD monitor plugged into it.