It was a good day to be a Mac user :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thestaton, Feb 14, 2006.

1. thestaton macrumors 6502

80% of my travels are overseas and usually we don’t have the luxuries of internet in our hotel rooms unless its in Kuwait, Germany so I'm usually forced to use public internet spots such as a library or a recreation center.

so today I head off to one of my spots which is stone age no wireless or dhcp just a few wired connections where you are required to bring your own cat-5.

While browsing today of course being the only Mac in the room I always get a few weird stares and the usual how do you like it comment. When a problem arose a crowd was gathering and it soon appeared that these few connections would force everyone to very few minutes of internet time. So while the lady was busy trying to rush people off the computers I had to step in and told her that I would simply just put a wireless network and everyone would be happy. While odviously she had no clue what I was talking about she decided to go through with it.

At the time of posting this there around 40 people gathered around enjoying wireless internet from my lill ole g4 14" iBook! And as a perk this nice windows user to my right's HP is keeping my mouse warm with its massive fan spewing out gobs of hotair.

cheers!

2. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

That's a great story! I love that feature on my iBook; it's very handy. Wonder how many people you converted today? :p

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

That is awesome. I believe you can do Internet sharing with windows. In fact I am certain you can but it is much more difficult and most Windows users would not have a clue on how to set it up:p .

4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

0 because they can count on the kindness of their local mac user ... very sad