Italian != European

Discussion in 'Community' started by mim, Sep 3, 2003.

1. mim macrumors 6502

2. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

The most impressive thing, is that its the same thing here!! Spain, Italy and Portugal are always the same god damn thing. Its amazing! We Mediterranean, are all the same.

3. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

4. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

an old thingy. funny. but that could be also north - south italy thing - the euro = north italy way, the other = south.

5. mim thread starter macrumors 6502

But the south of France is on the Med, and they're fairly model EU citizens.

But thinking about that again....some places down there are pretty crazy ;)

Or North London - South London. Essex & London. Scotland and England. Scotland and the WORLD. Stereotypes can be quite fun sometimes.

6. Tiauguinho macrumors 6502a

Tiauguinho

Once, on the highway in Lisbon, i saw 2 cars stopping, the guys getting out and starting to fight! Right on the highway! LOL! All because the guy that was in front took too long to enter the highway, so the other was overstressed with it! :D Sure, that happens everywhere, but the thing that never gets out of my mind is that when i go to northern european countries, everything is so organized. While here, its just like the "theater" situation on the flash animation, following a old portuguese popular saying "all at once and faith in god!". Hell, even when we had war with the northern countries, we beat the hell out of them due to our army organization... That is, none... Their field marshals couldnt make a strategy that would stop our mess. heheheheheh :D

But this is history. On the 1950's, Italy, Spain and Portugal were behind the rest of the European countries in Literacy. Italy and Spain had 50% less literacy and we Portugal had less 50% then Spain and Italy. But one thing is for sure, we might be naive, but we are damn crazy and nice. You can still go to villages in portugal, ask for directions to a person, and that person invites you to have lunch at his home with all the family and you will eat and drink like you never did before! Its amazing. :)

7. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

8. mim thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, so true!

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Somewhat funny - but it applies in many ways even for Americans. New Yorkers and Californians, etc....

A lot went into it, too. I'm almost surprised that there wasn't anything more adult ;)

D

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

An enjoyable film to view. In most instances just need common couurtesy and patience!

11. mim thread starter macrumors 6502

Patience is what the feisty people of the Med lack most I think ;)

btw, what's the contributor status? Where'd that come from? (feeling really lame if I've missed a huge site announcment or something....)

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I made a contribution of $20 to assist with the running for he forum. The majority are "Demi God". For personal reasons I did not want that title. When I made my contribution, arn was kind enough to allow me the "Contributor" title. It allows you to use the "Private Forum" plus knowing that you are more of a part of the forum!

13. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

lol thats great! I love the french parking part :D :D

14. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

LOL that's a good one. i know some people who are Italian, and it's exactly like that, i'll have to be careful whenever i go to Italy.

and that reminds me of a joke:

Q: How do you stop an Italian from speaking?

A: Tie their hands behind their back. :D

15. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

LOL i have to remember that one next time i tell a joke :) :)

16. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

heyyy this is offensive .... ban this guy!!! :p ;)