Italian GP Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Counterfit, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Beat ya to it iGav!

Anyways, Rubens is on pole, next to JPM, who's in the middle of a Redcar sandwich. Even though he only qualified 7th, Kimi was strong in practice, I expect to see him gain a few places during the race. Alonso might challenge for the lead by the first corner, and maybe even the second if he does it right.

Quali order:
    1. Barrichello
    2. Montoya
    3. M. Schumacher
    4. Alonso
    5. Sato
    6. Button
    7. Raikkonen
    8. Pizzonia
    9. Trulli
    10. Coulthard
    11. Zonta
    12. Webber
    13. Panis
    14. Klien
    15. Fisichella
    16. Massa
    17. Heidfeld
    18. Pantano
    19. Baumgartner
    20. Bruni

2. hacurio1 macrumors regular

I know Its Italy, but Shumager is alredy champ, It would be good if we see someone else win for a change. I know Kimi won last time, but still. What time central is the race tomorrow?

3. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

it'll start within an hour... let's hope kimi wins again :)

4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Paljon onnea! ;) A lot of people would like to see a non-schumacher winner ... having already a champion, I'm only waiting for a good race, not as boring as Spa :D ;) ... Terve! Hei!

5. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

iGav has been quiet lately, has the pundit gone on holiday or something?

6. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Nope, he parked it :p
    C'mon Rubens and Jenson!

7. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Whoa. That was crazy. Rubens comes out of the pits in the lead, right in front of Schumi and Button, right as Schumi is passing Button for second. :eek: :eek:

And those stupid marshals didn't push Alonso back on track :mad:

8. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Exciting, but only the first laps, good strategy from Ferrari , great should I say but I was waiting for Button, Alonso, Montoya podium :(

Conclusion: from 1 to 10 I give the race 7.25, just for the first half...

9. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Warning! Spoiler!

[9:51:21] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:22] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:23] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:24] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:24] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:25] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:26] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:26] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:27] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:28] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:28] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:29] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:29] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    [9:51:30] <Counterfit> RUBENS WINS!!!!!!!
    :eek:
    :eek:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!
    That's 87 points between Rubens, Jenson, and Bridgestone for me :D

10. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

yes, that proved that schumi has his own set of rules
    :mad:

(last year schumi spinned and marshals pushed him back, and while this of course is prohibited in the rules, ferrari managed to point out that the pushback is allowed "if the car in question is in a dangerous place". well, schumi's car was safely ten meters deep in the safe area, and alonso's car was less than a meter away from the road with cars passing by very close. so while alonso's situation was more dangerous, it was schumi who got to continue his race. in my opinion there would be nothing wrong with pushing cars back to the race, if only everyone would get that help and not just schumi, who by the way got three points from the last year's pushback race. three points, which effectively cost kimi a championship... had schumi been disqualified from that race, kimi would have won the title. and this is not my biased opinion, but pure math ) :cool:

11. iGav macrumors G3

utter nonsense! it proves nothing... neither driver broke the rules, it's the decision of the marshalls as to who is pushed onto the track and the specific circumstances of the incident, nothing to do with Schu.

bugs the sh*t out of me when people argue that Schu has his own set of rules or that the FIA favour Ferrari.

this is the FIA that banned Schu from 4 races in 1994 to create an artifically close championship after the death of Senna to help give Hill a 16-12 race advantage over Schu, or stripping Schu of his Championship position after the Jerez incident in 1997 (even though other drivers in the SAME or WORSE circumstances have had their positions remain intact) '89 and '90 for example.

or the very same FIA that after 2002 bought in a whole load of rule changes in an attempt to slow both Ferrari and Schu down and to stop the winning of championships half way through a season.

a different situation... it would have required Alonso to drive into the direction of traffic to spin the car back around on a blind chicane (the same chicane where a Marshall was killed a few years ago), that would've been a greater hazard than the position Schu was in at the European GP last season who was pushed back into the race direction of the circuit in a position where the marshalls had a clear line of vision for several hundred metres up the race track.

you sure you're not being biased?? pure math or not... what cost Kimi the championship last year wasn't that incident, it was his countless mistakes during qualifying that affected his grid positions, remember Barcelona... he made a rookie error in Qualifying to end up at the back of the grid only to crash into someone within 20 yards of the start, it's those rookie mistakes (and there were many) that cost him the championship... and remember it was only with the help of the FIA points rule changes after 2002 that instigated an artifically close championship in 2003, Kimi won 1 race versus Schu's 6.

the same of course could be argued that had the weather at the Oz GP not had gone against the Ferrari's then Schu would have won that, and had the FIA decided NOT to change the rules at the Brazilian GP when Ferrari compromised their quali by running a wet set up because they banked on it raining on race day, only to see the heavens open up on the sunday and for the FIA to change the rules and allow EVERY other team to change from a dry to a wet race set up (something the FIA didn't allow last week at the Belgian GP even though Ferrari had to quali in torrential conditions with a semi wet set up and had to race with those settings), or how about in Suzuka in Japan, where Schu was the only driver to complete his quali lap in torrential conditions (2 drivers spun off trying to do the same) and ended up WAY down the grid, excuses, excuses really isn't it...

Kimi didn't deserve to win the championship last season because he made too many mistakes and didn't win enough races basically, his time will come though. ;)

anyway congratulations to rubens for the win, well deserved... and a quite stunning drive from Schu to come back from near last after being involved with a tangle with Button to finish 2nd!

Pukka!!

12. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

http://www.formula1.com/insight/rulesandregs/13/590.html

13. iGav macrumors G3

don't forget to quote what is says in the Official FIA Schumacher Book Of Rules for 2004!!! heheheheh :p :p :p

That explains it then... :eek: :p

14. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

a great race, very entertaining.
    i don't understand why some of you seem upset at ferrari for being good.
    how's that a fault? Their car is just so superior to the rest that they can get away with two very serious mistakes (rubens' tire choice and schumi's spin). From then on they (car, pilots, mechanics) run a PERFECT race.
    they had the pole, one-two in the race, uncounted fastest laps (by more than 1 second on pizzonia, best non-ferrari pilot), fastest pit stops. and they never break down.

as far as alonso's not being pushed back in, what has ferrari got to do with it? they would have gotten their one-two anyways. So the only ones who benefited from it were Bar and Button, so are you arguing that the marshalls where on jenson's payroll?
    i think that they should allow the cars to be pushed back in, but as the rule stands it was up to the marshall to decide what the safer course of action was (and if i remember right, the car was removed from there -with a crane- within seconds after alonso got out)

15. hacurio1 macrumors regular

I don’t get upset, just bored. I know Ferrari is in its best days, and it’s not their fault (They disserve to will all the way); however, a race is about competition and when competition is absent (Or neglectable in this case because nobody even comes close to Ferrari) it just becomes boring and uninteresting. Just my personal Opinion.

16. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

lol!

Do those apply halfway to Ralf too? :D

17. Counterfit thread starter macrumors G3

Counterfit

Right, Schumi was past well before there was even a chance to push Alonso back on. I think Sato gained more from it than anyone else.

And I've just been looking through this year's technical reg's.
    So differentials aren't allowed then? ;)