Italian spammers face jail

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by edesignuk, Sep 5, 2003.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Full Article.

Good for them, now the rest of the world needs to *try* and take the same stand against the never ending rows of crap spam mail that arive in peoples mail boxes every day.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

normally i'm against the death penalty.

but...

3. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Good for Italy! Fines and jail sentences are a good first step, but the final goal should be castration and a physical beating by 5 rabid midgets.

4. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

LMAO! That would be great, and I'm sure it would put more people off than just a fine or even jail time! :eek:

5. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

what?! castration &... eewwwwww! :eek: :p

yeah, there's alot of scammers working out of Italy, or at least they say they are, but i wouldn't really take their word for it.

if it helps stop spam, and people trying to sell you a 17" PowerBook and a 23" Cinema Display for USD $1500, then i guess that's good.

6. richters macrumors newbie

I dare say that most of the spam messages are from the USA. What Italy has done now is a first step of cleaning up the email-spam-mess. And other countries hopefully follow. But if Bush's USA will not do anything, i.e. clamp down hard within the USA, then it will continue to stay a problem.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Good move, but lets hope its not an exceptional case and more countries follow suit. I'm amazed sometimes at how much spam I get. I wish there was an easy way to track where it came from and who's sharing the email address info....

D

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Now that so many have signed up for phone blocking, which begins October 1st. I wonder what the result will be, I'm afraid that it will mean more spam E.Mail! :( Tougher prosecutions should help to curve some.

9. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

thanks to the government's overly-lax legislation, the block-list has a good deal of exclusions that mean only a few calls will have to stop. I'm disappointed by it. But, I can stop getting calls from DirectTV, i had thought about getting it (since i spent like $160 on cable) but since they call EVERY DAY and use my entire answering machine tape, screw 'em!

pnw