Italics problems with fonts...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rxl125, Oct 9, 2006.

1. rxl125 macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2006
    I use Iwork 06 and Word on my new intel iMac... However when I try to make fonts italics, noting happens.... Only a very few fonts will go into italics. Is that right? I know comic sans on a pc will go into italics... Am I doing something wrong? I'd say about 90% of my fonts will not do anything when I try to make them italics.
  2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Comic Sans does not include an italic version of its outline font. However, the MacOS X font engine will slant the font to simulate--however poorly--an italic version. It will also print the slanted font.
  3. rxl125 thread starter macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2006
    I had to use tiger cache cleaner to fix the problem... Now I don't get WYSIWYG in word... I do have a ton of fonts, does that matter? I have the box checked to view the fonts.
  4. JohnHenry macrumors newbie

Jun 25, 2009
    Italics not working in Pages

Saw your problem about italics not working. I know some years have passed but I just ran into the same problem in both Pages & Text Edit on my iMac after installing the update to the 10.6.8 update. Italics will appear only in Helvetia - not in Lucida Grande or other fonts as I used before. AppleCare has been of no help. I got rid of all the caches everywhere and it continues. Bold & underline do work OK.