Itching to buy, but should I wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Renderz, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. Renderz macrumors 6502

    Feb 27, 2004
    Hey folks, I need some advice.

    I want to buy a mac pro but with the news that 8 core Mac Pros will be out this year no doubt the price of the current Mac Pros will come down. Should I wait or is the release of these new 8 cores long enough that I can buy a 2.66 MP safe that my money is well spent?

    Many thanks for any help this forum can offer.
  2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

    Scarlet Fever

    Jul 22, 2005
    What do you need it for? Unless you are doing hardcore editing or graphing etc i doubt you will need the 8 cores. And i think the quad-core chip will just become an option (so the line-up goes 2.66 GHz Dual Core, 3.0 GHz Dual Core, 2.xx Quad Core).

    And also, If You Need It Now, Buy It; If You Can Wait, Wait™
  3. Renderz thread starter macrumors 6502

    Feb 27, 2004
    Hi Scarlet,

    You misunderstood, I don't see the need for having 8 processors either! I was merely speculating when the 8 cores become available, the 4 cores that are currently out will come down in price and I'll buy those.
  4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem


    Feb 19, 2005
    You may as well never buy if you keep thinking that you need to wait for new technology so the old technology can come down in price. If you cannot afford now then wait and if when you do have your money all together if it so happens that something new is coming (because you would know exactly when Apple is about to release something new :eyeroll: ) then wait or buy. But you will kill yourself trying to wait for the latest so you can get a discount.
  5. ToddW macrumors 6502a

    Feb 26, 2004
    if i had the cash to plop down on a quad mac pro, you would see me running to the apple store. pull that trigger :D

Share This Page