iTea Aggregate

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dylan, Oct 14, 2006.

1. dylan macrumors 6502

GarageBand seems to think I have something called an "iTea Aggregate" attached to my computer.

Currently there is nothing connected.

If I tell GarageBand to use the phantom device it tells me: "Error Code -2 was returned by the Core Audio Driver. I have looked it Audio and MIDI Setup and found nothing. Same deal in the Sound Preference Pane. GarageBand seems to think it is an output device.

Does anyone know what this is?

I am using an iMac Core 2 Duo running OS 10.4.8 and GarageBand 3.0.4.

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

In Audio MIDI setup, look under Audio->Open Aggregate Device Editor. That will let you see what iTea really is. Aggregate devices are Core Audio constructions, not real hardware devices themselves.

3. dylan thread starter macrumors 6502

Nothing is listed there.

4. phantasm10 macrumors member

I noticed the same thing in my audio setting when I startup iTunes. I'm curious what it is too.

Are you running Volume Logic?

5. dylan thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, pretty much stock.

6. iHoser macrumors newbie

iHoser

I Figured It Out

I looked in the utilities/console in the console.log for iTea and found it. rogueamoeba is the culprit. You must have installed something from them.:rolleyes:

7. holty macrumors newbie

Info from Audio Hijack Pro developer, These were created by a beta version iTea, the new versions don't make or require them anymore.

You can remove them by opening up "Audio MIDI Setup" (in /Applications/Utilities). Then select "Audio" -> "Open Aggregate Device Editor". Then in the sheet that appears, you can click the [-] button to remove them.

That should clear everything up for you.

Regards,
    Holty.