Items on the Dock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eleven, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Eleven macrumors newbie

Jul 5, 2004
    So... I got a HP PSC 1315 printer... after installing it it put a program called "HP Director All-In-One"... I delete it.. it comes back when I reboot...

How or Can I get rid of this?

2. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

May 7, 2002
    2 Much Infinite Loops
    ever tried contacting the store you bought it from or the hardware company?
  3. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

May 3, 2004
    Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
    Top left apple menu > system prefrences > accounts > start up items > select the HP start up item then click the "minus" symbol.

hope that helps
  4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    Yah, I experienced the same thing when I installed the drivers for hp officejet 7120 'all in one'. Best solution is goto your applications-HP All-in-One Software folder and delete the hp director from there.

5. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

Oct 28, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    HP pulled a fast one in this case

Just so you know redAPPLE, the HP Director program has implanted a sneaky little file that places the dreaded Director icon back on the dock each time you log in, no matter how many times you remove it from your log in list. And I *did* try contacting HP about it through their email support system and never got a reply.

In an case, there is a way to stop this very annoying behavior without deleting the whole Director program. What you you have to do is go to the following folder: Applications - Hewlett Packard - HP Photo and Imaging Software - HP Photo and Imagine Director. In that last directory you'll find a file called "Director Docker" which you can safely erase. Make sure that you've removed the Director from you log in items in the System Preferences and do a restart.