ITMS bug

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by theipodgod16, Feb 21, 2004.

1. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

When i'm browsing the ITMS, i get prompted constantly to sign in to purchase music. It happens when i double click to listen to a preview about half the time. Does anyone else know why this is? i first noticed it when they came out with the new store, when it came out for windoze. my worry is that if i stay signed in, it will make a purchase instead of previewing the song. also, is there a way to cancel a download and purchase once it begins?

2. hob macrumors 68020

hob

living in the UK - we don't have the ability to purchase from iTMS - but I do sometimes like to browse - and I noticed the same thing as you - as soon as iTunes 4.2 came out, it kept asking for my sign in when double clicking on preview tracks. A way around this is to selct the track with your mouse, then click play, or hit the spacebar - seems to work better for me :)

Hob

3. DND82 macrumors member

That used to happened to me also, before I signed up. Anyway you could stay signed in, if you have the buy now option it should ask you if you want to buy the song. If you have the shopping cart option before you buy whatever in your cart it will prompt for your password.

hope this helps

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

please, iTMS is a shortened form of iTunes Music Store, capitalize it properly.

5. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

As DND82 suggested make sure you don't have the direct purchase option on. Have it add it to your shopping cart first. Then you'll have to click "Buy Now" when you're ready to purchase your records and enter your password. Also, if you leave it unchecked you'll get another dialog asking "Are you sure" that you want to purchase these songs.

There are enough security features available so you don't accidentally buy anything unintentionally. Take advantage of them.

6. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

from another thread
    :D :D boy i love this forum....:D

7. sethypoo macrumors 68000

:rolleyes:geesh!

Gotta love this forum.....

8. theipodgod16 thread starter macrumors 6502

how do i make it prompt me? i must have told it not to, but i want it to prompt me again. I have about 7 or 10 songs that i bought that i shouldn't have, maybe haveing it ask me ARE YOU SURE??? might help my spendthrift ways heh.

9. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

iTunes-->Preferences-->Store

10. theipodgod16 thread starter macrumors 6502

i looked, but i dont see an option for making it prompt me before purchasing with one-click, like it used to.

11. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

I love the Itunes music store, I use it all the time on my IMAc. For some reason though, I can't login to the ItmS when i'm using Ical. Oh well, I love MACS a lot.

12. DND82 macrumors member

"i looked, but i dont see an option for making it prompt me before purchasing with one-click, like it used to."

Go to your account info on the store; log in as usual and then click on your account (top right area of the iTunes window). Punch in your password and hit view account. There should be an option to reset warnings, I think that may be it.

hope this helps

13. theipodgod16 thread starter macrumors 6502

14. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Well at least you didn't say MAC'S :rolleyes:

15. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Mary Mac's mother's making Mary Mac marry me
    My mother's making me marry Mary Mac
    Well I'm going to marry Mary for when Mary's taking care of me
    We'll all be feeling merry when I marry Mary Mac