iTMS DRM Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macguymike, Oct 2, 2003.

1. macguymike macrumors 6502

I take my PowerBook with me to work and usually stream my music from the PB to my work comptuer (better speakers).

I recently upgraded from a CRT iMac to a 15" LCD iMac and when I went to play one of my iTMS-purchased songs it told me I had already authorized three computers.

Now, I was able to go back and de-authorize the old CRT iMac so I could listen to my music. The problem I'm having is that I have NO CLUE what other computer I authorized!

I went through all the other Macs here but it wasn't any of them. Am I s.o.l. here?

I'm very tempted to just toss them all to my converter app and make them non-DRM'ed mp3s so that I don't have to deal with this mess, but I'd still like to figure out a "normal" way around this, if possible.

Thanks. :)

2. macguymike thread starter macrumors 6502

3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I am afraid that I can only write to commiserate(sp?). I have three computers and I went to authorize my iBook, not previously authorized and it told me that I had three computers authorized as well. I don't know what to do about it. I only had two, but it swears that i had three. Anyway, you mentioned something about a converter program, what do you mean?

4. macguymike thread starter macrumors 6502

Odd. Maybe I didn't authorize another comp then and the DRM is just being tweaky.

For more info, PM me.

5. macguymike thread starter macrumors 6502