iTMS: Firewall at work wont let me play purchased music!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bb0ys, Jun 15, 2004.

1. bb0ys macrumors member

Mar 14, 2003
    At work we have proxy servers and firewalls. Because of this there is no way for me to connect to the iTMS. At home, I purchase music all the time. I burn all my purchased music to a CDRW (data CD via iTunes) for backup reasons. I brought the CDRW to work and copied the music to my computer but I can't play it! I legally own the music, but I can't play it. I'm so frustrated. I contacted Apple iTMS tech support and told them I had a firewall at work and wanted to authorize my computer but could not. They they told me I might have a firewall...DUH I JUST TOLD THEM! Does anyone know how I can play my legally purchased and fully owned music on a computer at work with what might as well be considered no internet connection?
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Worse case unsavory options....
    1) Burn to audio CD and re-rip (dep on how many songs you have)
    2) What iTunes do you have at work? If you have 4.5, I think you'd be quite justified in using a DRM stripper in this case. I don't know if there's one that works for 4.6 yet.

A lot of them are being taken down but this one seems to exist:

3) Any chance you can use dialup on your work computer to get a connection to the net that has no firewall, just long enough to authorize?