iTMS: Foo Fighters Pre Order missing songs...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by skwoytek, Jun 14, 2005.

1. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

Did anybody here get the Foo Fighters Pre-Order? It was supposed to have "German Film Star" plus the original, unreleased "Friend of a Friend" as bonus tracks. I am positive I remember seeing this on the pre-order page in the iTMS but the pre-order page is now gone and I can't check. The Foo Fighters site still has the two bonus tracks listed as available with the iTMS pre-order in the news section.

I'm just wondering if anyone who got the pre-order has had this problem.

The double album is great by the way.

2. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I haven't bought that myself, but I have had good luck getting another odd issue resolved with iTunes customer service. Contact them via the iTunes Help menu--and I'd say the info on the Foo Fighters site is good evidence to mention.

3. crachoar macrumors 6502a

No clue about the iTunes issue, but I've got to say - that album isn't very good. The second cd is a lot better than the first, but still - it's not so great.

I used to love them, but really, their music gets more and more mediocre with every new release.

What's amazing is, they're still a really great live band - their albums just sound so...fake...

4. tlogb macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered the album, downloaded it this morning and ran into the same problem as you. No bonus pre-order tracks.

5. Kmacripple macrumors member

Same problem with me too. No bonus songs. I would have just bought the cd for less money if I knew I wouldn't get the extra songs on iTunes.

Every Foo Fighters album has been better than the last one. So is this one. Great album.

6. skwoytek thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hopefully Apple will get this problem resolved and we will all be able to "check for purchased music" again for our bonus tracks. Sorry to hear I'm not the only one, but with several of us - hopefully the situation will be resolved.

As for albums, I've enjoyed them all but There is Nothing Left to Lose is my favorite. I'd also like to see their cover of Prince's "Darling Nikki" on iTunes.

7. skwoytek thread starter macrumors 6502a

For those who didn't get the bonus tracks, I got the below email on 6/15 from iTunes. I haven't received a follow up email with instructions but I "checked for purchased music" tonight anyway. iTunes downloaded the two bonus tracks... So give it a try.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your patience while we investigated the issue you
    reported with the Foo Fighters album "In Your Honor (Bonus Video Version)."

The titles "I'm In Love With a German Film Star - Single" and "Friend
    of a Friend - Single" will be made available to you shortly. We will
    send you an email with instructions when the songs are ready to be
    downloaded.

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused and thank
    you for your continued interest in the iTunes Music Store.

Sincerely,  
    iTunes Music Store Support

8. classicrime macrumors newbie

Okay, I realize this post is over six years old, BUT, I was looking for the Friend of a Friend track. I have the album, bought it the day it came out, but do not have this track. Any chance you would be willing to send me a link with this track?

Thanks,
    Classicrime