iTMS Gift Certificates - Cross-Country Compatible?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ~Shard~, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I am wanting to get my brother, who lives in the US, an iTMS GC for Xmas. However, I am of course using iTMS Canada. My question is, if I buy an iTMS GC off the iTMS Canada site, will he be able to use it on the US site, or will it be for Canada only? I ask because there is difference in the amount of music a person could purchase if a $50 iTMS GC was ordered in CAD vs. USD currency. ($50 CAD != $50 USD although it's closer than it used to be!)

So, can I order from iTMS Canada for him, or do I need to log into the US site somehow to do this? Or can I do it without needing to sign it, and just do it from Apple's website? I haven't really looked into things any further, and just wanted to make sure I go about things the proper way.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I believe that they are limited to the country in which you bought them. The only gift certificate I've had from iTMS was from the UK and said only for use on the UK store.

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

An alternative would be to buy him an iTunes Gift Card from Target (or some other place) in the US. I would think that your Canadian credit card would be good at Target.com.

4. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Good to know, thanks, that is kind of what I thought. I'll do some more poking around Apple's website as well, you would think there would be some way to do it...