iTMS just let me download with an NZ billing address

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nermal, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

For several months I've been cheating my way through iTMS to get the weekly free songs. I sign in, and it asks me to enter a US billing address. So I put in a fake address, download the song, then sign into Apple Developer Connection and change my address back to my real NZ one. Then, the next time I try to download, I have to put a fake US address in again, and the cycle continues.

Today it let me download a song without putting in a US address. I wonder whether this means an NZ release of iTMS is coming soon. I have read in a local magazine that it'll be here in February, but until now I didn't take it seriously.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I have no real input for you, Nermal.

But it does really illustrate how global these forums are.
    Me answering to your posting nearly 19.000 Km away, reading your thread about you faking a US address some 10.000 Km away from you which is about 6.000 Km away from me.

:D :cool:

3. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

hehe... yeah

Maybe I should go to bed....

Time best spent: sleeepp........<zzzzzzzzzzzz>

5. mpw Guest

When iTMS UK opened I was able to download no problem as I had a .mac account. When I got my new iMac it would no longer let me as my address (newly entered) wasn't in the UK.

I kept the same addresss but changed my .mac details postcode field to Apple's Regent Street stores postcode and hey presto downloadarama!

I've since found out that even with a correct non-UK postcode I can download if the .mac postcode field is in lower case?

I'm around 600km from MacsRgr8, 18,500km from Nermal and 240km from Regent Street and my 'fake' address. 12,000km from Maui where I'd like to be :)

6. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

Maui is a nice spot but I would highly recommend where Nermal is over it!! ;)

7. mpw Guest

Maui was our honeymoon destination and as far as I'm concerned is in my top 3 or 4 places in the world along with Jersey(home), Las Vegas(holidays only) and ______(still to be discovered).

I'm planning a trip to see family in NZ as soon as funds allow and'll call in the Maui when passing.