iTMS message that is really cool!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mechcozmo, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    I saw the free single of the week, clicked on it, and then clicked on the grey button. This box came up. I dismissed it. Click on the grey button again-- and did a double-take. It say "$0.99" :eek: Then I looked at the box and saw..

Pretty cool, eh? I bet it changes as soon as they make it "Free" as opposed to "$0.99" but still...

I thought it was pretty nifty.

Attached Files:

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've seen various odd messages from iTunes, some of which go away if you try again. Overall, it must be hard to maintain a store with constantly changing inventory and thousands of customers hitting it all the time.
  3. Mechcozmo thread starter macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    True... but this one is interesting in the fact that after about 5 minutes I clicked on the path again and iTunes refreshed itself.. and now that grey button read "Get Song" instead of "$0.99"

Pretty interesting how Apple runs it.
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    well at least you didnt end up spending the .99 on the song!!

it must take quite a bit to maintain everything with the added inventory every week

a bit off topic but is there a shopping cart function in the iTMS? i cant seem to find one
  5. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I have gotten messages from iTMS also, such as not currently available. Like mentioned, when I tried again ti worked just fine. Overall no real complaint from me.
  6. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

May 8, 2004
    I Live Where I Live
    Its under the iTms in iTunes prefs
  7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    cool thanks for the info, i wouldnt have thought to look there