iTMS: No country warning?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Zaty, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Zaty macrumors 65816

If you live in a country that doesn't have its iTMS yet, do you still get the country warning? I'm asking this because apparently we Swiss don't get it anymore. So the question is, could this be a sign that our Swiss iTMS is just around the corner or has Apple removed the warning for everyone? It would be enlightening if MR members from iTMS-less countries could tell if they still get the warning or not. Thanks!

Zaty

2. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

I'm in Australia and iTunes goes straight to the iTMS without the country warning. (although like Swiss users it's not here yet).

3. Zaty thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. Since Australia is a likely candidate for the next iTMS expansion this could be a good sign for you guys, too.

ONTH, if Apple has removed the country warning, what could be the reason behind this move? I guess it would only leed to misunderstandings. The country warning was clear message that iTMS wasn't available worldwide.

4. Zaty thread starter macrumors 65816

Apple confirms, iTMS coming to Switzerland. Yet, when remains unclear.

According to the Swiss French Newspaper "Le Temps", a spokeswoman for Apple Switzerland confirmed that iTMS will come to Switzerland sometime in 2005 but they couldn't announce the official launch date yet. (what a surprise :) ONTH, according to Swiss Mac news site macprime.ch not many Swiss artists can be found in iTMS as of yet which could rule out an opening in the next few weeks/months. Typically, when a new store was about to be launched artists from the country concerned started to appear in iTMS.

Link (in German)

http://www.macprime.ch/index.php

5. pkis macrumors regular

6. Zaty thread starter macrumors 65816

7. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Have you got the sign before about not available in the country yet, then you click to acces another countries store as a browser. Because if you have it will take you to that store with out the warning sign appearing again.

8. Zaty thread starter macrumors 65816

Usually when I started iTMS I always got the country warning. But you could change stores without getting the warning again. Now it seems it doesn't appear anymore, no matter how you access iTMS.

9. pkis macrumors regular

yupp, the procedure has definitely changed. Although we still don't know whether this is only the case for Switzerland and Australia. Anyone from a more exotic location (at least from a European point of view :) for who the "not available yet" is gone, too?