iTMS still "buggy"

Discussion in 'Community' started by e-coli, Sep 12, 2003.

1. e-coli macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002
    For as much as we talk smack about, iTMS has it's problems, too.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Art Blakely's Jazz Messengers on iTMS Just Added list. I thought, GREAT, I'LL BUY THAT! Until I looked at it:

0 songs for the low price of $7.92

Attached Files:

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    now that's weird... :confused:

I have a bunch of Art Blakely..but not that one...
  3. G4scott macrumors 68020

Jan 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, I've seen a couple weird things... I think it happens when an artist says, "you can sell this album, but not these songs", and in this case, the artist didn't want to sell any songs...

What makes me mad though, is when you can't buy certain tracks off of an album. It's like they're just advertising the album on the iTMS, and they want you to go out and buy the CD. And that really sucks, because there's no way I'm going to spend $7 - $10 dollars on an album that I'm going to have to spend $13 more on just to get all of the tracks. I understand some artists don't want their music on there, but I say screw them... I don't want the iTMS to turn into a place for artists to advertise their CD's.

Something else that I noticed- when Apple is in the process of updating their store, you'll sometimes see weird stuff like that, where the album is there, but they haven't added all of the tracks yet... A quick search for that album came up with a different album cover, and 4 tracks...
  4. e-coli thread starter macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002
    Yeah, the "partial album" thing is really annoying.

It's the record companies, not the artists. The record companies hold exclusive marketing rights to 99% of the music they sell. They're just trying to make people pay more for music.

G4Scott, you're right about the Art Blakely stuff. Now I see a dif. cover and 4 tracks. But that's "A" Night in Tunisia, whereas the album I was looking at was "Night in Tunisia". Strange happenings.
  5. Physiognome macrumors member

Jul 19, 2003
    This is exactly what happened to, once an excellent place for indie music. You can still find good stuff, but it's rarely on the top lists for any category.