iTMS Temporary Insanity?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Groovsonic, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Groovsonic macrumors regular

Have you made any purchases on iTMS, and you couldn't figure out why later?
    Have you bought a really bad song that you don't really like, and don't know why you bought it?

I have. Quite a few.

Most recently The Carpenters version of "Ticket To Ride" (ya know, By the beatles). This has to be, by far, one of the worst covers I have ever heard...

What are your "temporarily insane" iTMS purchases?

2. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I wish i could say I have made an insane or inane purchase from the iTMS, but alas I have very little spare money (no job, no allowance, very few freelancing activity), so all of my music store purchases have been favorite songs, that i alread had pirated, but felt were worth a buck :)

3. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

yes, most definitely yes. I wanted to get a song from the musical "Chess" entitled "One Night in Bangkok" but instead I downloaded a song called "Bangkok" by Steve Vai that has about 30 seconds of a fly buzzing. A waste of 99 cents!

4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Groovsonic -- I think the beatles should sing there own stuff.

But that aint happening cause they haven't let any serice carry them!
    :mad:

5. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I bought Spinal Tap's "Big Bottom," which was funny in the movie but I don't think I'll be listening to it very often. ( I *do* listen to their "Stonehenge" quite a bit, though.)

6. pEZ macrumors 6502

"Where it's At" by Beck - the song is actually alright, but only before it goes insane. Not gonna ever be high on my play count list.

7. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I'm lucky, in a way. My Mac is in storage at my university, 1000 MILES AWAY! So I can't buy anything. And if I had it with me, I still have 10.1, so I couldn't anway. And, oh, there's that little thing about being dependent on my parents...I don't think I'll be buying from iTMS very much (They're not really music people, esp. when it comes to american music)...:D

8. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

It's not buying a bad song that I don't really like that's the problem--I mean, I've bought a few for nostalgia's sake just to have them even though their play count will never be high, but nothing I know plain old bites.

No, what I'm suffering from is buying stuff I haven't heard before to see if it's any good on the strength of the sample, and then finding out that it isn't.

Apple needs longer samples. Or the ability to set the start point of the 30-second sample anywhere in the song. Or something.

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: iTMS Temporary Insanity?

did you mention the carpenter's

how about bad covers of carpenter's songs

such as wing's interpretations:p :p

10. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

I accidentally bought the entire Musak anthology.

haha just kidding...whew

I purchased Michael Jackson's Thriller. But what the hey. It's a supremely great album. ;)

She was more like a beauty queen from a movie_ scene
    I said don't mind, but what do you mean I am the one
    Who will dance on the floor in the round