iToner 1.0.3 with iPhone 1.1.1 Support

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 17, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Ambrosia has released iToner 1.0.3 today, which supports the iPhone 1.1.1 revision.

iToner allows you to transfer MP3 or AAC files to your iPhone for use as custom ringtones. Unlike Apple's solution, this lets you use your songs without an additional per-song charge.

Apple's last iPhone 1.1.1 update broke compatibility with previous versions of iToner, but the 1.0.3 update fixes this incompatibility. iToner sells for $15.00, with a fully functional trial available.

Article Link

2. macrumors demi-god

CWallace

Well done!

3. macrumors newbie

It works perfect!

Thanks to Ambrosia

4. macrumors regular

thesheep

I'm a bit new to this.

Do I need to jail break my iPhone before I can install this, or does it just work?

Oh I see, it says 'no hacks'. So this should be completely safe for my iPhone when I install any future Apple firmware, right?

5. Retired

psychofreak

No jailbreaking needed, it is a completely user friendly app :)

6. macrumors regular

Andrew,

Thank you! You guys Rock!

7. macrumors regular

I'm trying out the trial version. According to the post it says that it is a fully functional trial version. I've downloaded the trial version and I've synced the .mp3 files I want to make into a ringtone, but when it is done syncing, the song is on the list for 'Sounds' but it doesn't play anything. Am I doing something wrong here?

8. macrumors member

I am having the same problem is the trial actually functional or just a proof of concept?

9. macrumors G4

daneoni

Try importing to iTunes and playing the tracks first, then drag from iTunes straight to iToner. Also try quitting and restarting the app

10. macrumors newbie

Need a Vista (PC Version). Since my 1.1.1 Phone has SSH access would someone please "encode" the CTU ringtone for me and email it to me at jpturner@gmail.com - I assume I could then just drop it in the ringtones folder and it might work?

Thanks

11. macrumors 65816

So happy this is back. So far it works great!

12. macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Promo Code

Any chance of a Promo Code for us folks here at MacRumors?;)

13. macrumors 6502

jpturner: A Vista version?!?!?
    HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!

Oh, stop it! You are too funny!

14. macrumors 68000

FreeState

No one knows for sure but Apple. The 1.1.1 update made me restore, loosing some data on both phones despite backing up, on two phones - both had used iToner with no other "hacks" at all.

15. macrumors 6502

Will Ambrosia ever make an Itoner that will work with Windows? Anyone know?

16. macrumors member

padmasana

This worked great. I had kept my phone at 1.0.2 until iToner was updated and the entire upgrade to 1.1.1 was smooth as silk. iToner remembered my ringtone selections and in one click put them back onto the updated iPhone.

But I just paid for iToner. Don't make me whine for a rebate! :)

17. macrumors 6502

I'm also having the problem where everything seems to work fine, but no sound is played when I select the custom ringtone or when I receive a call. Any more ideas?

18. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Fantastic!! :D This works flawlessly! Great job. :)

19. macrumors newbie

To all with problems...

Try syncing more than one song. I was having difficulties too, but figured out that if I sync'd three songs, the second and third work fine - but the first still is silent. Seems buggy but works nonetheless. Good luck!

RyanC

20. macrumors 6502a

EricBrian

Yeah, I just bought the app... Worked great. Thanks for the dedication and commitment. :)

21. macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

with apple's announcement of adding 3rd party functionality for the iPhone, I really really hope they don't break iToner again. I love this software! Thanks Ambrosia! :D

22. macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Worked for me. Seems pretty silly that this issue of only syncing one song wasn't caught in testing.

23. macrumors member

Anyway to set the songs so when the phone "rings" it plays a certain part of the song.

For example say you want the chorus instead of the begining, how can you do that with itoner?

24. macrumors newbie

justcallmepete

crop it in garage band

25. macrumors 6502a

genshi

I uploaded 4 ringtones at a time and they synced ok, but none of them played on the iPhone. But once I deleted them (from the trial version of the iToner app and the iPhone) and put them on again, they synced AND played. Not sure why. But all working now.