itouch wont load apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ayee007, Feb 22, 2011.

1. macrumors member

my ipod opens apps like bejeweled and words with friends...starts up for 5 seconds, then goes back to the home screen. my ipod also lags like crazy. what can i do to resolve this issue?

2. macrumors 68020

Which iPod do you have? Are you jailbroken?

As far as apps crashing on launch, when this happened to me I found out that it was due to my computer that I was syncing, it had not been authorised with iTunes. Reauthorising all devices and reauthorising the machine and re-syncing apps solved the problem. Interestingly the couple of apps I had installed via Installous (which were no longer available on the App Store) launched just fine. Another win for DRM there, keeping honest people honest.

3. thread starter macrumors member

its a 2nd generation and no it is not jailbroken. my macbook is authorized, so i dont understand. should i reauthorize it and see what happens? my touch is also running slow as hell, does this have to do with how much of my itouch is full?

4. macrumors 68020

Yeah, try deauthorising, reauthorising and then syncing.

What version of iOS are you running? 4 runs significantly slower the iOS 3. A restore will probably quicken things up, though I don't see why it should slow down if you're unjailbroken.

5. thread starter macrumors member

i have tried deauthorizing and reauthorizing and syncing but nothing changes. im on version 4.2.1

if i restore my itouch, will i lose all the apps i bought?

6. macrumors G5

Consultant

Sync to backup apps / settings etc
    Make sure it's backed up
    Restore firmware
    Sync to put apps / settings etc back.

7. thread starter macrumors member

how do i restore firmware only? if i restore back to factory settings, then re-sync my itouch, will all my music and apps still be there?

8. macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Well, if your restore with iTunes, evrey data will lose, no apps, music and video.

9. thread starter macrumors member

just to confirm, i will lose all data but not my music, apps, or videos?