iTrip banned in UK

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jul 31, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Use an iTrip in the UK and face prosecution as a pirate radio station. :eek:

Wonder how the FM-band CD players for cars and the satellite Radio add-on systems get around it. :confused:

3. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Can't say I've ever seen one, all I have ever seen over here are casette adapters :(

4. macrumors 6502

wtf

Why did they bastardize my entry? I submitted this link with a funny title. They should let the titles go that are funny to attract people to read the article. Like www.fark.com. Anywa. the title is gay now =(

5. macrumors 6502a

Jerry Spoon

Un-freakin-believable. That's what happens when laws don't keep up with technology.

6. macrumors 6502

I am going to venture to say not to feel too bad, UK'ers .. in my experience, radio broadcast devices (like the iTrip) work horribly. Abolutely terrible :( Use a casette adapter or something instead. The quality's better (and you don't have to fuss with trying to find a clear station and positioning the antenna sufficiently close to your car's antenna to even be able to listen to something that resembles your music). Mileage may vary though, I guess..

Of course, it's the IDEA behind this banning that's really amazing (and stupid, IMHO) ...

7. macrumors regular

pretentious

Re: wtf

It was my submission, I thought it was simple and secrete enough for people to click upon and find out why.
    But since you say so I guess the title is just gay, and I guess I'm gay now too, since I submitted it.

So for future referance, may I ask what was your title? So that I may know how not to be so gay, in your opinion.

8. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

There were two submissions of the same link. This one was first.

arn

9. macrumors 6502

pretentious

Ahh.. sorry bud. Didnt mean to call it gay.. .. only called it gay because I thought they took mine and edited it. Mine was eh..i dont remember.. some remark about it being banned because of a law made in 1946 or whatever.. which should have nothing to do with **** now days. Was kind of funny I thought.

10. macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh