Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
i got my mom an iPod mini and iTrip for mothers day. it has been working fine until last weekend. she was on a road trip enjoying her tunes when the iTrip stopped working and she heard a normal radio station on the channel instead of the iPod music. i figured she just needed to find a different channel to tune it to, but when she got back and i had a chance to stop by and look at it i found that the iTrip was doing nothing at all. the light functions as if it should be working, but nothing happens. i have not found any documentation on griffen's web site. so the only thing i have tried is different stations and reseting the mini. i think i might have to exchange it for a functioning iTrip. any ideas or should i just take it back to the apple store?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
wPod said:
i got my mom an iPod mini and iTrip for mothers day. it has been working fine until last weekend. she was on a road trip enjoying her tunes when the iTrip stopped working and she heard a normal radio station on the channel instead of the iPod music. i figured she just needed to find a different channel to tune it to, but when she got back and i had a chance to stop by and look at it i found that the iTrip was doing nothing at all. the light functions as if it should be working, but nothing happens. i have not found any documentation on griffen's web site. so the only thing i have tried is different stations and reseting the mini. i think i might have to exchange it for a functioning iTrip. any ideas or should i just take it back to the apple store?
Either the iTrip's physically broken or an Apple iPod software update broke iTrip compatiblity. In either case you'll need a new iTrip since it probably isn't upgradable (make sure you get one that works with the iPod mini).

Wash!!

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2002
here, there, who knows
The itrip works with either

The itrip works with either the 3G ipod or the ipod mini there is no difference in how it connects with the ipod (mini)... got griffing tech web site and check out the user manual there is a way to reset the itrip. my did the same, but I don't remember right now how to do it.. also resetting the ipod will do the trick too

cheers.. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.