Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kjdenison, Jan 5, 2004.

1. kjdenison macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Whats the best cleanest way to set my ipod up for use in my car audio system. I really dont want cables hanging out of my dash. Should i get an FM transmitter? What should i do?
  2. ShadowHunter macrumors regular

Sep 27, 2003
    Re: iTrip

Cables would be the "best sounding" way. I've heard great things about the iTrip. It doesn't require batteries or external power, and is the best sounding out of the FM transmitters from what I've heard. However, it is still an FM transmitter....
  3. TyWahn macrumors 6502

Oct 25, 2003
    iTrip is total crap.
    Even in rural Utah, with little competition for a station, it stilll sucks.
    I would use it as a LAST resort.
    Anyone wanna buy one?
  4. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Jan 15, 2002
    Well i live in Southeastern PA, near Philly and i don't have much of a problem finding a good sounding station...Given my car stereo is absolute crap but it sounds fine to me. Works wonderfully in all of my friends cars. Aslong as you keep the volume inside the 20% to 80% range it works fine too high and it severly destorts.
  5. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2003
    Chicago, IL

what would be the best way to do the cables, i do have aux on my touch screen deck, but i really dont want like cables haging out of my dash. Any input? Also ive heard tons of mixed reviews of the itrip, I am someone who requires high quality sound. Should i spend the money and try it? Can i return it, from apple store?
  6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    Go cables, definitely, if possible. If the AUX port is on the back, just drop the cable down under the dash somewhere, and tuck it out of the way when you're not using it. If it's in front, then only plug it in when you're using it. The iTrip is *great* for those of us without input, but I'd definitely prefer cables myself.