It's 12:30 AM and I am camped in front of the 5th Ave Apple Store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Steven1621, May 18, 2006.

1. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

So I made the pilgrimage. Took with train from Connecticut into the city and have joined the faithful patiently waiting the opening the the 5th Ave. store. There are about the 14 others at the present moment. It's a beautiful night; Cool with a light breeze. The cube is amazing. Absolutely amazing at night with the Apple log lit up. I drove home from college early to make it for tonight. I still have a paper to write, thus I'll be frantically trying to postulate a new balance between the state and markets before my battery runs out. Wifi options are plentiful. I'm currently on the Plaza hotel network. Anyway, it is going to be awhile.

Post any questions if you have them. Should be a swell night!

2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

All I ask is you take alot of pictures...I'm pretty jealous, the pictures I've seen of the store thus far are pretty cool. Have a great time!

3. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

4. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Hardcore. 18 hours before? Possibly a little excessive?

5. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

6. MacFan782040 macrumors 6502a

MacFan782040

Haha love your dedication buddy. How are you sleeping tonight, sleeping bag? Have you talked with any other Macheads about how great Apple is? Take lots of pics :)

7. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

Bravo!

Some friends of mine and I will be there tomorrow -- I think the first of us will arrive around 1:00pm.

Steven1621 -- you put the "Cult" in Mac Culture! Revel in it!:D

8. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

I, for one, would not sleep on an NYC sidewalk with my MBP. I admire your dedication to the cause of buying things. :D

9. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I'd be there if I was anywhere near NY. Like everyone else has said, take lots of pictures for us. :)

As a side note, why aren't you using the Apple WiFi? :confused:

10. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Maybe they haven't turned it on yet? :confused:

11. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

I didnt think the Apple Wifi was on yet?

To the OP of the thread, you are clearly a dedicated Apple fan. :)

12. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

I wonder where the stores backdoor is for bringing in products..

Lots of pictures please ;) I'll provide space for uploading them all if needed, just PM or email me!

13. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Do this one thing for me please, from a country with not a single proper AppleStore. As you walk into the cube, put a big ol' fat handprint on it, if you get even more time write "Aussie AppleStore Now - Chundles" underneath it.

Or even better, see if you can find one of those little plastic guys with the sticky hands and feet and as you walk in, just lob the little bugger up to the top of the cube and watch him flip-flop down the glass.

I really want to go there, just to wear a suit and enter the store via the elevator with my hands on my hips and looking off to the right a la Superman.

14. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Chundles that's the best idea i've ever heard. hahaha i wonder what they'd do to you if they caught you, permanent ban from the store? Call the cops for vandalism? :D

15. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Wow! Seems a bit harsh for what is really just a bit of larrikinism. If they give you any grief, tell them an aussie told you to do it. If you want I'll send you an mp3 of me saying "crikey copper, have a go at this little bewdy, he's just havin a bit of fun lee-m alone!'

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I want to see birds poo on the glass and mess the whole thing up. Hell, it doesn't even have to be birds.

*eyes around suspiciously*