Its 200 horse power, It has a V6, and its 600 mhz. Thats rig...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 26, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors regular

AWESOME!

I am going to sell my wife on this, being able to have a Mac in my car would be about the coolest thing ever...

3. macrumors member

wow. too much time on one's hands? Ever heard of an ipod to play music in your car?

4. macrumors regular

But is an iPod fully integrated... We are in a high tech era and this only goes to show what the future will bring... I am going to try out something similiar soon, this is just too cool...

5. macrumors newbie

From the creator

Thank you all for your support.

It took me about 2 and a half weeks to compleat. The hardest problem was extending the screen. I used an old paralell printer cable (due to the amount of wires included). It had 15 wires. That was a chalenge, especialy due to how close togeather the pins were.

I want to upgrade the stereo but I dont think I can get an aftermarket stereo that will work with a 1999 saab 95.... Hint hint nudge nudge. If anyone knows of a way I could upgrade it to something with good sound and some extra inputs, pass on the word.

6. macrumors member

upgrading the stereo . . . maybe in a Volvo, not a Saab.

7. macrumors 6502

that's great. i've always wanted a stereo that was an lcd with all my play list on it.

8. macrumors member

The only thng I would have done different is to have not hacked the machine apart and tried to get hold of a 10.2" screen somewhere, the duck tape spoils the overall effect.

I like the concept though, may look out for a second hand ibook now.

Put GPS on it and a GPRS phone and bingo :)

9. macrumors newbie

From the creator

Funny you shuld say. I actualy do have a GPS I use with the iCar. You can see the mount for it on my dash. It is the black circular thing towards the center of the car.

As for the phone. I have a Sony Ericsson T68i. I need a second bluetooth module for the car (my module is in my tower right now). That way I can have Net access whare ever I go.

I do still have airport in the car, but the reception isnt the greatest. I plan on getting another antenna.

10. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

this is pretty hot. how much did the entire set-up cost? and time? i've got an 87volvo that is just itching to be experimented with. ;)