It's a great day for hockey!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Koodauw, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Well the Badgers just beat BC for the NCAA hockey Championship! That makes two NCAA Hockey Championships this year. ( One men's, one women's.) So I think it's safe to say that badgers are pretty darn good at playing hockey. Let the celebrations begin!

When you say WISCONSIN, You've said it all.

Attached Files:

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I love the picture....the goalie's pads look immense compared to everyone else. :D

On that note, my friend plays goalie in hockey....goalies are a strange, strange breed. Ask any legit hockey player...goalies aren't normal. </slightlyofftopic>

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

God. I thought from your thread title you had some good news about the Whalers or something. :D

Seriously, though. You only won because Maine let you. ;)

Go Black Bears!

[​IMG]

4. Koodauw thread starter macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Well Maine did suck it up pretty badly I will admit, however, the badgers were the #1 seed after all. Watching them play this year, they were very good.

The "It's a great day for Hockey" is from legendary hockey coach Bob Johnson. (who happened to coach a few badger teams to this same spot.)

edit: also, please remove your crappy Maine logo from the otherwise awesomeness of this thread.

5. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

:(

I want them back.

Please come back Whalers. We loved you. :cool:

6. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

I remember being 7ish crying during the Whalers last game. Seems like all of us CT natives want the Whalers back!

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Then why weren't the Whalers better supported by fans? THey were supported, but maybe not well enough. Sorry, I was very young when they moved and can't remember the exact reason. Was it the lack of fans attending games, or the size of the arena (ie: seating capacity)?

8. mlw1235 macrumors 6502

Yep.

I can't believe I noticed that statement there.

Well, I really just gave away my location. ;)

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I went to the high school that holds the record for consecutive hockey championships. There's even a book about it.

So that means, when I think "hockey," I think of my years in high school, glad as I am to be away from it. Too bad whenever I tell someone I went there, they'll still ask me "Did you play hockey?" for the next 20 years. :mad:

NO I DID NOT PLAY HOCKEY! I WAS IN THE BAND!