It's a great week for Folding! (post your bragging here)

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by atszyman, Mar 15, 2005.

1. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Ok, call me a pompous a**, I don't care. After breaking the top 150 this weekend I've had a great day today with 871 points gained pushing my 24 hour average up to 498 and placing me at number 18 in the top MacRumors producers. I've also got 2 1475 cores cranking away on my work machine for another great day or 2 later this week.

Anyone else having a good week/day?

I'm coming for you Dreadnought, 345 days and counting (the sad thing is I have 5.15 machines running to match your 1).

2. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Do you guys suck the numbers in from the Folding site each day and construct your own spreadsheets or something? I've never seen anything on the Folding site that would give you your 24 hour production or running daily point average, so I'm curious. I'm #30 on the MR team, btw.

3. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

I wondered about that too. Then I found the competitive folder's dream site. Actually it's been mentioned here many times. Fun site for anyone following their stats.

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Well nothing as hot as you, but I have sent to of my overtakers back to gray!!! That made me happy, broke the top 500 this week and now #480. Should milestone 5000 pts in a week.

Ya my numbers are weak but as one of the borg, it counts.

5. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

6. RugoseCone macrumors 6502

Not really, my production has tanked recently. I went from 1500+ points per day to 1000 if I'm lucky. These tinkers have been killing me! I'm still in the top seven producers, but I liked the sound of fourth a lot better!

Yeah I know, poor me...:rolleyes:

7. lssmit02 macrumors 6502

I have it bookmarked and check it at least 5 times a day. Pathetic :). I have been stuck in the low 40s for a couple of months now. Maybe I need to sell the dual 1.8 and upgrade to a dual 2.5? :rolleyes:

Don't let bragging rights get the best of you. Back before we discovered Jethroted was installing the client without permission, he was our hero.

8. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

I'm not trying to promote cheating, I just thought it would be fun to start a thread where people can go and talk up their folding accomplishments, maybe get a little bit of friendly competition going (only on authorized computers of course).

Fear not, I had a pretty pittiful last couple of days, things seem to be picking up. For awhile it seemed I could only get 724s on my work machine.

Hey don't knock it, you're number 61 on the top producers list so you should hit the top 100 at some point pretty easily.

9. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Wow, those thread links were wild. I read about all of it, very interesting, very sad.

10. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Thanks for the link! I don't follow the numbers that closely; it is what it is. Having said that, the info on the site is very interesting. I'll be bringing on a 2x2.0 GHz Opteron in the next day or two, so watch out!

11. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

You pompous a**, do you want a piece of me? Bring it on, I eat newbie like you for breakfast! Let's step outside and settle this like real men! (this means: you step outside and I configure all your computers to my name! :D ) And how do you mean, I only have 1... It's a dual G5, that counts for two! and if you look for my name at Stanford, you will discover 3 processors! Two of my dual, and the third... sadly is a hyperthreading P4 which is only partly on each day.

12. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Issmit, it's time to overtake you once and for all, unfortunately, it's not gonna happen anytime soon. BTW, Jethroted still is my hero! If he did it on purpose, or it was an accident, I don't know. But what I do know is is that he is back and folding for our team once again, different name, lower profile, but he's back!

edit: he, that surprised me, you are still behind me and don't have an output as high as mine :D Should have put those processors to maximum, and not automatic!

13. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

294 days and counting...

Man I have to do better research before I trash talk. ;)

Guess I'll just leave it to my new sig... :D

14. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

GRRRRRRRRRR :mad: This means war!!!

Edit: don't brag so much, it's over 400 days that you finally overtake me! Maybe I should lay my Mac still for a couple of weeks, or else you'll never catch up!

15. lssmit02 macrumors 6502

set processors to stun ... er, I mean, highest

We'll see if it makes a difference! I made the change a couple of days ago. Now my office runs about 5 degrees warmer, tho. :rolleyes:

16. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

Yeah, my daily output fluctuates quite a bit and you just finished a couple of good WUs. But I just brought up 2 HT P4s. Only have them working on 2 WUs at a time instead of 4 for the moment to see if anyone else who uses that machine notices a performance hit.

17. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Oeeeee, I'm getting scared.... :D
    On the site from folding extreme, you can calculate in time what your position is gonna be. Well, I put 450 days in it, and you still haven't past me! Good thing is, I'm then number 31! So, I don't care if you pass me or not, you'll never kick me out of the top 40!

18. atszyman thread starter macrumors 68020

atszyman

Well I can only seem to get up to 365 days in the future and at that point I am sitting right behind you. This also doesn't take the new processors into account which should start kicking in tomorrow. At any rate I guess I'll see you next year. :D

I won't kick you out of the top 40 by myself but I'm trying to recruit 9 more people to help me. :D

19. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I noticed the 365 days limit myself later. But for the next year, I'm pretty save! Goodluck recruiting people, you'll need it! :p Anyhow, I'm trying to get some computers myself, so, I'll see you in the top 20 then over two years!

20. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Well, I managed to do over 1200 points for the first time yesterday!

Does anyone have some run times for p1475 on G5s? Thanks!

21. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've spent 6 long days crunching this Tinker (#393 - p1136_p1130_L939_K12M_355K), and I've finished (as of this posting) 319/400 frames. This is only my second WU since I restarted folding, so I have NOTHING to brag about.

EDIT: 7 more hours, 14 more frames. 333/400. At this rate it'll take me about 1.5 more days to finish this big Tinker.

22. vannote macrumors member

To bad it wasn't your only machine, I have been wondering what a single 2x2 Opterons folding performance looks like. Just so I can compare it against my single 2x2 970FX.

23. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Well, I have the 2x2 Opteron (just brought it up night before last), and I have a 2x2.5 G5. So far, though, I'm getting different WUs on each, so I can't compare directly, yet. I keep getting p1475 on the Opteron, while I've been getting almost nothing but p113x WUs on the G5. That's why I asked the question ^^ above. The p1475 is taking the Opteron around 20 hours (one on each cpu). The p113x are taking about 40 hours on the G5 (one on each cpu). Meanwhile, the p1475 yields about double the points of the p113x, as best I can tell at this point. If anyone has other data points, I'd be interested.

24. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You could take a look at the statistics in the Stanford forums. They usually have detailed information on Macs so I would imagine they have plenty of data on x86 machines.

25. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I am not that bad. I check once or twice a week now.

And after long while, I now below the 175 mark. 166 as of today. Just wish I could get my employer to add all the computers for our 7 locations to my ID! :D

Unfortunately, because of Windows and viruses - we have a very small set of programs that can be installed.