It's almost over...

Discussion in 'Community' started by e²Studios, Jul 27, 2005.

1. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

For a bit over a month now my wife has been in Japan visiting her family.. I would have loved to be there but after we bought our house the funds just werent there. I get the comments from co-workers and some friends "youre a bachelor now" or the "you get the house all to yourself", i know they mean well but to be honest it truely sucks. I have a hard time sleeping, i usually dont sleep through the night, its lonely, and it just doesnt feel right without her there..

In the beginning it was fine, decorating and cleaning up after the move was enough to keep me so busy and tired that it kept my mind off of things, since that is done i tend to let my mind wander off, movies have been my saving grace but i feel like a sloth sitting and watching 4 movies in a day.. I tried to go to a bar with one of my coworkers but that really isnt my scene as much fun as i tried to have id rather sit down with a bottle of wine at my house then be at some meat market.

The good news is that she comes back on August 7th, the bad part is that i wanted her back yesterday.. I know travelling that far isnt worth a 2 week trip, but maybe the selfish side of me thinks it is :p not to sound cheesey but i miss my wife :(

thanks for listening to my emotional outburst, i know most of you dont know me at all but youre all such a wonderfull bunch. :D

Ed

2. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I'm sorry, I don't fully understand. So you're wife is just away for a little while? The 'you're a bachelor now' comment threw me off ...

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

4. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

damn striaght it does :p that stuff is awesome

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Of courth, it might give you a thpeech impediment too. :(

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Keep your chin up. It can be tough being alone when you are used to having someone special with you, but it's almost over.

7. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Well I wouldn't call a month a little while. But that must suck I hate being lonely (but never been in a relationship even romotely close to marriage) but show her this thread and you'll earn bonus points

8. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I know EXACTLY how he feels. My wife is Japanese, and when we were both in college she'd go back to Japan during summer vacation. Sometimes a month, sometimes 2-3 :( Not fun ...
    The worst was the long distance relationship, after she graduated and moved back. We were apart for 1.5 years until I finished school then moved. We've been together since then.
    Next week I'm going back to Boston for 3 weeks though, and she has to stay here in Japan :rolleyes:

9. witness macrumors 6502

My wife is away in Holland at the moment, but she will be coming back today. Fortunately I've been so busy recently (working from 6am - 9pm every day) that I haven't had time to think about it. Still I guess that it will be nice to have her and my son back home (they're coming back tonight). :)

10. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

My fiance was away from me for seven months whilst training for her job so I can understand your pain.

11. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

You can always increase your posting rate during this time and try to reach Mr. Anderson :)

12. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

My mum went to Portugal for 3 months and boy it was hard on me. But one thing that came out of it was i realised how much i loved my mum :) and no i did not learn to clean up :p