it's already week 16...who do you see in the superbowl?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Dec 21, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

will the rams go again?

how about the patriots?

and it has been a long time since kansas city was in a superbowl

the colts have done good this year and so has carolina, as well as some other teams

in my region of the world, my 49ers and raiders are ruled out for the playoffs this year and will have to hope for a better year next year

dallas and denver are old standbys and maybe not as likely as in some years past, but it would be interesting to see them make a run for it...though with all the combinations and permutations, i don't know if they are even a wild card possibility

many say that this is philadelphia's year to go all the way and looking at their record, they are a pretty good bet to make it to the big game this year

my prediction is philadelphia vs. kansas city with philadelphia barely winning a very close one but with kansas city getting more rushing yards and having a longer time of possession...philadelphia will still have goal line stands and stop kansas in the red zone and defend well against the pass and like most superbowls, it will come down to who has the better defense

philadelphia 24-21

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Now that the Patriots have a 13 - 2 record, they have a good chance at the SuperBowl. After the win yesterday against the Jets, it's there 11th straight win. They will also have home field advantage.

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

pats are great but i think in the afc, the chiefs are on a mission

it's been a long, long time for those guys over there in kansas city

but as far as boston goes, i wanted those red sox to go to the world series against the cubs...that would have been classic..but the red sox will continue to be a force in baseball with their top shelf lineup

4. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Pats over the rams in the suberbowl....philly won't beat st. louis in the dome...

It's a shame that the eagles lost to san fran today

Hickman (philly born and raised)

5. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

Have some faith. I get pissed off at them from time to time. It is a shame that the Eagles lost today, but I still see a KC vs. Phila Superbowl. Think of it. Dick Vermiel vs. the Eagles-what a great hype for the big game. Even though it's been over 20 years since he's coached here, people still love him. But I won't say anymore-I don't want to jinx anything.

Eagles 20 - Kansas City 19.

6. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

wow, you too!

philly against kc...he he...i am not alone in my prediction

but then again it's easy to pick two really strong teams like that and there are only a handful of teams as good as philly and kc

i can't believe my hapless niners beat the great eagles which shows that even a great team can have a bad day

flash...denver picked up the fifth playoff spot in the afc...so there is one more afc playoff spot left and that will either be the colts or the bengals who will also win the division along with get into the playoffs...next week will tell all for those two teams

the nfc has two spots left and only three teams...vikings, green bay or seattle who can take those spots and if seattle gets one of those spots, they will be a wildcard and not win a division since the rams already have the nfc west sewn up

next day...monday night football and green bay beat the raiders but that does not clinch them a spot yet so they will have to go another week not knowing because the vikings are also in the hunt in their division...but both could clinch the two last nfc playoff spots and the midwest can be very happy:D

7. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

now philly clinched their division and a first round bye...not bad and it reinforces my belief that the eagles will be in the superbowl

and also tonight, my 49ers lost against their division rival seattle seahawks...and the seahawks are still alive in the playoff hunt and their destiny is now out of their hands as to their postseason hopes...tonight was a must win for seattle and they delivered and are alive for sure for at least one more day

in the afc, the patriots have home field advantage but somehow despite their better late season showing than the chiefs, i think the chiefs will somehow get through the afc postseason mix and be in the superbowl

but philly vs the patriots would not be a bad match either but i think philly would destroy them

8. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

9. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

now they are an interesting team and did better than i thought they would:D

10. Macpoops macrumors 6502

My Birds vs. the Pats. I'm not going to make a prediction on the game though. The pats are a tough sound team. The birds can be deadly if they bring their A game but without their former(now very public) secret weapon of Brian Westbrook things are starting to get hairy. I don't care who you are it's tough to win every home game including playoffs. That kind of stuff has been done since Miami went undefeated

11. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Patriots vs Philidelphia

The Pats are a team.. the best "Team" in Sports.. I was in Boston when they won in 2001-2002.. it was awesome!!

- Doc

12. Awimoway macrumors 65816

My Seahawks haven't got a prayer, and that's even assuming they make it to the playoffs. (Interesting Trivia Fact: You can tell a real Seahawks fan by their unflinching realism bordering on bitter, bitter pessimism. Any Seahawks fan who trash talks your team is either a., blotto or b., not really a Seahawks fan. ;) )

If Green Bay can even get in the playoffs (not likely), I think they'll make it to the big dance. All of a sudden, Favre is a man possessed. I'd rather see my fellow alum Andy Reid take the Eagles all the way, but they seem to find a way to choke every year in the playoffs. This really could be their year though.

In the AFC, it will be the Pats or maybe the Colts. I don't think Kansas City looks as good as they did earlier in the season.

But the great thing about the NFL is you never really know until they play the game.

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It certainly looks like the Patriots will be in the Superbowl. They have a good chance to win it all. Saturday they beat the Buffalo Bills 31 - 0, they are 14 - 2. They now have home field advantage in the playoffs. An interesting factoid this game was a mirror image of their 1st game of the season. So they had a lot to prove. It was Bills 31 - 0.

14. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

with all due respect i believe the boston red sox were the team that had the best chance to make boston proud...the pats have a great record but they will have to stop kansas city and i don't think that is very likely

and let's say they get past kc, then they have to get past philly most likely...it's too much for them to bear i think

and as far as green bay, farve has spirit but i don't think they have the depth either to take it all the way

and i would love to see gb or the pats, or the colts or the surprising carolina panthers, but at least the eagles have their name on the trophy and i think most people know it...it is philly beating philly which will have to happen for someone in the afc to take it home

i am glad that my niners beat the eagles, but most 49ers fans knew that was a fluke...a happy fluke though ;)

15. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

my god, they made it to the playoffs which was the least likely playoff scenario left...he he

that would be a real scandal if seattle, now in the nfc, took home the superbowl trophy...unlikely more than anything i can imagine in this year, but it would be very fun

one year i remember when both the jaguars and panthers (then brand new) were both one game away each from being in the superbowl...that would have been the ultimate game of superbowl history...but it didn't happen

and in baseball, remember when a "canadian" team won back to back world series? too much ;)

16. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Yeah, it doesn't help that my cold, hard, realist pick already was the Packers, which the Seahawks will be playing in the first round. But weird things can happen in the NFL. Who knows.

After all, look at the Minnesota/Arizona game today. What the heck was that?

17. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

The Jets Vs. The Giants

27--21

Wait... Both NJ Teams Blew...

Damnit!

I think its The Chiefs vs The Eagles ...

The If the Chiefs can get their Defense to work... they will win.

18. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

My Niners will win it all. Wait, dammit they missed the playoffs. ;)

19. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

why the hell did the cowboys loose to the saints? i dont get it.... really.

if you cant beat and 7-8 (?) team at the end of your season and you are about to head to the playoffs you dont deserve to go to the superbowl.

i dont watch football much at all... but i used to back then. back when the cowboys actually had a team to contend with... during the aikman,emmit,irvin days.

its sad to see aikman as a commentator now and emmit with the cards.

jerry jones should of never gotten rid of jimmy johnson.

-- a bitter old cowboys fan

20. pinto32 macrumors 6502

Despite that loss to KC, the Eagles are on fire! Same goes for KC! I agree...this would be a great game....best Super Bowl since the Rams/Titans a few years ago.

We are all loyal Philly fans here in PA....and my uncle lives in KC.....if this comes true, I can only imagine the fun we will have (I am too young to have been a part of the baseball rivalry, but have heard some great stories of it).

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!

21. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

i remember when the eagles sucked like the redskins do this year. teams change like seasons man.

its isnt worth keeping up with teams anymore especially with all the players hoping from team to team.

its hard to build a legacy team now i believe.

just my 2 cents... some of it may be true... i dont mean to piss anyone off... im just disilousioned with sports in general i guess.

boxing has my fancy at the moment... if anything i sports does that is.

22. pinto32 macrumors 6502

I am all too familiar with the ups and downs of sports teams....thats why I and my fellow Eagles fans are trying to savor this as much as possible, as the Buddy Ryan and especially the Ray Rhoads days did not hold much hope for us......right now, Andy Reid is doing an amazing job, all while not suffering from a Vermeil-style burnout.....

(Phillies are looking good for 2004 :) )

23. ooartist macrumors member

Titans And Packers

That's right. Why not? The Titans are a very strong team and they have a warrior or a QB. Same goes for the Packers.

24. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

being a niner's fan, i have to admit the one team in the superbowl era that was stronger than san francisco was the cowboys...both have five rings, but the cowboys have won more division championships

though many don't care about the division championships, if you need to split hairs about which five ring winner is better, then that would be as good a criteria as any

this debate will rage on about the niners vs dallas for another decade unless dallas puts a lid on it and takes home their sixth superbowl in february...being a niners fan, i used to hate dallas, but after i have heard jimmy johnson the commentator and saw what kind of fighter emmit smith is, i have to really give that team a lot of credit...people like johnson and emmit smith are football legends

now if you want to look at the best team of all time, superbowl era and before, win loss record, and division championships, then neither team stacks up...the historical bests are green bay and cleveland

25. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

but since a team like cleveland doesn't have a boatload of superbowl rings, people tend to forget how great they were in the days of old so many will debate against them *and don't forget they didn't do bad more recently in the superbowl era with qb kosar

now if you look at baseball, in the modern era and throughout it's very long history, there is no denying that the new york yankees are the greatest in baseball history...but some will reflect that they may be the most hated, but winning so many rings does not make you liked, especially if a lot of it was due to having more money than other teams and enticing other players from other teams to join the yankees...ruth, giambi, godzilla, jackson, clemens, coach billy martin, etc

but who can deny how amazing the result is on the field of play?