It's an eMac!!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by sparkleytone, Mar 28, 2003.

1. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

This is the g/f here.....we had an addition to the family at 10:00am this morning.....it is an eMac!!!!! and i must say that for a refurbished computer you could have fooled me.....

the box was sexy complete with new keyboard and pro mouse, iLife and Jaguar.

I am sure brent will be back later to give the update but we are now a TWO MAC FAMILY:) (which means the ibook is now MINE mwahahahahahahaha)

2. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
  3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Very very cool. I can't wait for Apple to upgrade the 15" Powerbooks. My fiancé is dieing to get a laptop but I won't let her until they update them.

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

excellent!

was it long & painful or short & easy? ;)

congrats...let us know how it's working out...

5. vniow macrumors G4

Dammit, sparkelytone has a girlfriend, damn damn damn.[​IMG]

6. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

Re: excellent!

Well to be quite honest (still the g/f here) it was one of the easiest and most plesant computer buying experiences i have ever encountered.

We got an Apple loan (which i might add is GREAT for a couple of college kids like us) and outpost.com had a refurbished at a price which allowed us to get a printer, a logitech mouse, 512 MB of RAM, USB cable AND the eMac all for under $1000.

I would highly reccomend the Loan program for anyone in college looking to get a nice computer but doesnt have the money to front. This whole process from approval to computer delivery this morning took LESS than one week.

As far as a name we are thinking Lisa, honoring it's ancestors.

7. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Re: excellent!

How's the interest rate on the loan? Last time I looked (5 years ago) the interest rate was exorbitant, something like 19% I insted got a low interest computer loan for 10% at the time from my credit union. I later got a credit card for such purchases with 8.5%.

8. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Congratulations on your eMac purchase! I bet that it is very nice. Sounds like you got a good deal on it too!

9. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Re: Re: Re: excellent!

I'd like to know what percentage you got on your loan as well, Im thinking about using the Apple loan to get a 12" powerbook or new iBook when the next update comes, but if its as high as 20% I wont bother.

10. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

yeah its like 15%. not all that great, but I know I'll be fine. its really more of a credit builder for me than anything else. being in college with zero credit isnt where i always want to be. the machine is running great, altho the RAM doesnt work. Its actually pretty nice that the machine is quite useable with 128MB. I gotta find a way to get some RAM fast :D

11. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

My current TiBook is on an apple loan. I originally bought my iMac on it. I talked them down on the interest before I purchased my TiBook. I like it because it is more like a credit card and not like a Lease. My former business partner talked me into a Dell lease, and I still have 8 months left to pay on my 2 and half year old laptop. My TiBook will be paid off before the lease is finished!

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I know that there is that special someone out there for you vinow! ;) Just be patient, for patience is a virtue! :)

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations sparkleytone on your purchase os an eMac! I know from experience, it's great to have 2 mac's in the family! ;) Enjoy!

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Hope you enjoy that emac, that 17' screen is very nice to look at and you dont have to worry about dead pixels. Sorry about the ram hopefully you can get this corrected.

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Ughhhhh..... so many references to birth...... I'm getting sick.

(We watched a video of a baby being born today in health :eek: ;) :D)

Congrats on the new eMac, I don't like 'em as much as any other
    apple computer, but they certainly arent bad.

16. King Cobra macrumors 603

>Just be patient, for patience is a virtue! :) (wdlove)

So is waiting in line at an airport...uugh! :rolleyes:

Glad to hear about the new "member".

scem0, be lucky that the particular addition to the family wasn't wearing flowers or bright, blue spots. :eek:

17. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

ha! FP was bad, BLue Dalmations wasn't all that bad. :)

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The birth of a baby to truly a wonderful event. I know that at you age it's! :eek: Someday you will get to observe the birth of your very own baby, don't laugh! ;)

I have seen many births since I'm a nurse. I worked in the OB/GYN & Nursery area during part of my reserve duty!

19. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

yeah the RAM thing kinda sucks. they just better not give me any of that restocking crap. i just came from a friends (who i sold my pc to). we tried it in two more machines (pcs) to no avail. its basically bad RAM. i did however manage to do some swapping around with my g/fs unused pc to get 512 in 2x256MB for now and it is NICE. i love this machine.

20. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Sort of off topic.

I can understand that. People definitely need to pay more attention to there credit. My dad helped me start building credit before I got out of high school. I learned a lot about it just by talking to the loan managers at my credit union. I have a spotless record and have never had any problems getting a loan.

Here's a few things about credit to think about. Having a phone in your name will help your credit. If you get a loan with a cosigner the cosigner get's the majority of the credit history. Your car insurance rates are as of this year affected by your credit rating. Paying off credit early doesn't help. Paying on time does. Having an open line of unused credit doesn't bring your credit rating down. Leaving a credit line unused also doesn't help build your credit rating. Multiple applications for credit in a short period of time will bring your credit rating down for a while.

21. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

long live the eMac ... or cost-effective derivatives of the eMac!!!

22. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Long live the all in one Mac. I don't consider the current iMac a true all in one Mac in the line of the original Macs as it's monitor is separate even though it's on an arm.