Its been fun...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ajt1995, Aug 23, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

I've had a blast here in iOS 7. I'm downgrading... iOS 7 just doesn't have the "snap" that iOS 6 did... when you pick up iOS 6 on an iPhone 5, you know THIS is the best phone in the world. Somehow, iOS 7 lost that. I think it's somewhere in the slow transitions. I'll be back for the GM. But if they don't do something, they might just lose me to Android... ;)

And I've been to Android, I always come back to superior experience. Don't blow it, Apple. Don't blow it.

2. macrumors regular

You will be missed, mate... You will be missed.

3. macrumors 6502

How dare you mention Android. Android on my Nexus 4 could not be any better.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Actually, you gave me hope for the MacRumors forums just now. The general attitude in here would have likely jumped on my "useless, stupid post!" And they would have ranted on and on about how I have probably never even used iOS 7.

----------

Nor CyanogenMod on my NOOK. Dude, Not all Apple users are closed-minded.

5. macrumors 68000

I'm kinda torn. I hate the visuals, but I don't think Android in its current state looks much better, and the ecosystem is still behind. Plus, all the physics and animation makes iOS 7 kind of fun.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Indeed. As soon as apps are updated with compatibility, animations sped, debug code removed, and SMS notifications fixed, iOS 7 will be the BOMB in the wireless industry.

7. macrumors 65816

Although I too am happy that nobody has come in to bash you, think about it from the other side. Thread after thread, people say the same general things- iOS 7 is a step backwards, it looks like it's for little kids, it's slow, Android is lightyears ahead, etc... and after a certain point you just don't sympathize with the thread creators anymore. If you don't like it, then just switch to Android already!

Now let me be clear- I'm not referring to you in that last paragraph. You obviously have an open mind and seem to be a very respectful poster. If more people were like you, MacRumors forums would be a much better place!

8. macrumors 603

Tyler23

I don't understand. If you don't like iOS and want to use android, just do it? Why tell a bunch of strangers?

9. Purex, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013

macrumors member

Its been fun...

If u dont understand and got nothing to add to the topic, why bother to answer ?

10. macrumors 65816

I watch Sesame Street.

11. macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm with 'ya. I downgraded to iOS 6 when I went on-call and I never went back up to iOS 7. For me there's no "must have" feature that justifies the quirks of a beta. I backed up my phone to put beta 6 on but I'm still meh. Maybe beta 7.

cya.png

12. macrumors G5

Rogifan

Yet you're talking about leaving for Android. And iOS 7 hasn't even been shipped to the public yet. :confused:

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol! I wouldn't be telling people that...

----------

No sir. I'm saying that Apple needs to get this right, or they will lose what most people love about their iPhones- that is, knowing that they have the best phone on Earth.

----------

My current plan is to come back for the GM.

14. macrumors G5

Rogifan

I love my iPhone but really could care less if its thought of as the best phone on earth. I am confident though that when iOS 7 ships its going to be as smooth as iOS 6 was.

15. macrumors 65816

Then stop beta testing if you're not a developer.

----------

People think that betas are some kind of showcase. They download it– when they're not supposed to– see that they are glitches and bugs, then cry on forums.

16. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

couple days ago i restored both my ipads to ios6, getting ready to sell them. To be honest i don't miss ios7 too much. still going to update to final only cause it's the newest operating system apps will eventually just work better on it.

17. macrumors 6502a

Sirious

I'm downgrading too. But I will definitely be back for the final release. I loved iOS 7 for the time that I've been using it :)

18. macrumors 68020

bbfc

I downgraded to iOS 6 and then went straight back to iOS 7.

I just couldn't cope with the look of iOS 6 - it's tacky, glossy and just ew! :D

19. thread starter macrumors 6502

Whoa... "Cry on forums"? This is more of a "public discussion" and no, this whole time I've been using the betas (the very beginning) I've made it a point to not whine about a product that isn't finished yet.

20. macrumors 6502a

LOL dont let the door hit you on the a**. Stop crying.

21. macrumors 68040

mavis

I agree. What's the point of confiding in a bunch of strangers how you feel about something so inconsequential?

Anyway, OP - I hope you're able to find satisfaction with whatever OS you decide to use.

22. macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I'm pretty certain he was being sarcastic. :eek:

23. macrumors 65816

But you are complaining right now, on this thread.

24. macrumors 65816

musika

Why not?

25. macrumors 603

Tyler23

:) Ok, OP. Hope you get what you want with Android.