It's been over a month, how is your naked iPhone 5 looking?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. RPG, Nov 1, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Mine has a very small scratch on the bezel from me dropping it, other than that, there's nothing I can see.

Dropped it today, very disappointing, but the screen works fine.

It uses Gorilla Glass 2 right?

2. macrumors member

UHFrank

it's alright, i dropped it twice on tile. the bezel is dented in 2 places. the metal along the chamfer is chipping because i put it in the cup holder in my car. other than that it's all good.

3. macrumors regular

Few small discolorations where the chamfer edge meets. I can see it because the its is a little silver showing through the black. Running my finger over it I can feel that its not perfectly smooth.

Doesnt bother me, helps build character.

4. macrumors newbie

Exactly the same as the day I got it (27th Sept). 'Flawless'.

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors 6502a

enophi1

7. macrumors newbie

8. macrumors G3

Looks as good as day one (naked black iP5).

Take home message: If the black on your iP5 is scratching or rubbing off like crazy, it has defective anodizing coating and you should get it replaced under warranty.

9. macrumors member

Pretty good. Don't see any noticeable scratches on my white phone.

10. hifromtomorrow, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012

macrumors member

hifromtomorrow

One tiny nick, that only I can see, having shown it to friends when discussing scuff-gate.
    And I am getting less over-protective too, it now gets sort of dropped into the centre console of the car and cast to the side on desk at work.
    I say it's holding up well, despite my laissez-faire and increasingly cavalier attitude.

PS: I still love it and still say it is the best mobile (cell) phone I have owned in twenty years of buying them.

11. macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I have a black iPhone 5 which will never be in a case. From what I see it's the same as when I got it on release day.

12. macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

13. macrumors member

Damn. Jinxed myself. A couple of hours after I posted this I dropped my phone on concrete. Thankfully the screen didn't break it just has a small ding on the edges.

14. macrumors regular

jettrue

I know I'm a perfectionist, and critical, but I can't help but thinking that those people that go naked and say "still flawless" don't have as critical an eye as I do. Like even no scratches, scuffs, smudges, etc. on that shiny apple logo? Really?

15. macrumors 6502

I already posted this in another thread, but I will post it here as well. My white has been naked for 3 weeks or so. I am careful, but I use it. The polished Apple logo has a few scratches and there are 3 or 4 dings on the aluminum bezel/chamfered edge, but they really aren't noticeable unless you really scrutinize the phone. I figure of the edges become unbearable to look at them I will cover it in a case.

16. macrumors 65816

djtech42

Mine is perfect. I take good care of it, however. I don't get why everybody is in such a hurry to put a case on it. It ruins the thinness and aesthetics of the device. Just be more careful with your phone. :p