Its Been Shipped (WASTELAND)

Discussion in 'Community' started by slooksterPSV, Sep 27, 2004.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

OMG My Powerbook Wallstreet G3 has been shipped. Its In Transit right now, and its estimated to be here on Friday. I'm expecting it Thurs. though (don't ask why). If it were coming by FedEx it'd be here in like 2 days (FedEx travels fast). The reason I say that is that this one time I bought an SD Card off newegg and had the chance to choose it as FedEx Saver. Well it wasn't supposed to get here until next week Wednesday and it came that Friday (I ordered it like Wednes of that last week). But UPS I trust, the FedEx box was bent, my UPS boxes though have never been bent. Anyone else excited for me?

2. stealthy macrumors member

stealthy

Congrats on your new purchase!

In the course of my work life, I've toured both UPS and FedEx sort facilities. I'd say both are about equal in their treatment and tossing around of packages.

You'll find on UPS that the date listed is usally the date you'll get it, too :)

3. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

excited yes... you're over the top though. Congrats! ;)

4. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Thank you, I'm too excited, I just can't wait though. Its like... omg I've wanted a mac for so long and I've wanted a laptop for even longer so this is like OMG the best thing. I'm too excited reallyl :D:D:D:D:D. After 6 months I want to upgrade the processor to a G4 500MHz - its the BlueChip WS G4 made by powerlogix if you've seen it or done it. I dunno. Lets see what its like when I get it.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

First time I've heard of the WastelandExpress service. :confused:

6. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I'll let this thread live just a little while longer, only to get an answer to my own question:

This is a used machine, right? You surely haven't been waiting for your new G3 WallStreet from Apple all this time? Because, if so... seriously... I'd, uh, upgrade. :D

j/k

<runs off giggling>

7. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

You can toss this thread anytime, no I just barely got it paid for on friday and so yeah I'm waiting for it to come here to UT. This state sux. I mean our school has brand new Dual G5's (1.8GHz) but yeah I mean. This is my first Mac EVER.

8. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    the Wall St G3 is awesome, i bought one when they were announced about 6 years ago, and i wish i still had it, i had loads of upgrades for it. maxed out ram, tons of hd space (4 times more than apple said i could get in it), graphics card to run an extra monitor, it was so solid that thing.

i'm curious, how much did you pay?

9. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

220 and that includes shipping. Here's the specs:
    233MHz Rev. B I guess cause it has 512 L2 Cache (I'm guessing according to what other specs say (like the L2 Cache wasn't on the ones w/something I'll look it up again))
    288 MB RAM
    30GB Hard Drive
    Mac OS 9.2.2
    USB Card (Type II)
    4MB of VRAM of course, but yeah those are the specs.

10. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

It left Hodgkins at 6:22PM eastern time, 4:22PM Mountain time, its coming here to Utah. When is it going to get here? Any guesses. Today is - Tuesday

11. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Very nice. Again, congrats! I would have no idea when it'll get there for ya. I don't know where Hodgekins is? It looks like a very nice system for a laptop from '98 to '99. I'm impressed. Let us know how it goes. By the way, where did you get it from?

12. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I bought it from someone off this Forum =D. And the thing about it was, he held it just for me, which is awesome. You guys are way helpful.