It's Doctors Like This That Threaten The Profession

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by virividox, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'd like to probe his penis with a pair of scissors.

I seriously think Gynacologists should all be women. You never really hear of women doctors doing such perverted things to any patient, in any medical field. A male gynaecologist is just asking for trouble. Not that they're all bad, but one sicko male gynacologist raping women and molesting them is enough to just avoid the whole chance of an incidence. Zero incidences is much better than one.

2. ecche macrumors regular

If it's all true, he certainly deserves a heavy sentence. But, whatever happened to 'in dubio pro reo' on the way from Nottingham to Manila?

3. virividox thread starter macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    yeah i suppose innocence until the guilt is proven; if you are realistic, odds are he did it, man with his influence over women is very likely to abuse it.

i split my time between manila and nottingham, summers spent in manila or other places, the school year is spent in nottingham

4. ecche macrumors regular

I seriously think bartenders should all be women. You never really hear of women bartenders turning into alcoholics, in any country. A male bartender is just asking for trouble. Not that they're all bad, but one sicko male turning into an alcoholic is enough to just avoid the whole chance of an incidence. Zero alcoholics is much better than one.

I might just pass this idea - and a few others along the same lines - on to my local MP for legislation...

Oh yeah, while I am at it, I might also suggest a law that bans lawyers using the media for publicity from our courts.

5. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Aren't male gynecologists required to have a female nurse accompany them during examinations?

6. virividox thread starter macrumors 601

virividox

do i detect a hint of sarcasm? :)

anyway while in the past OB-GYN have been predominantly male, i know that if i were a woman i would be more comfortable with a female doctor, the same way i am more comfortable seeing a male urologist.

Im not saying male OB-GYN are all predisposed to abusing their doctor patient privelege, but it seems that it is more likely to happen than with a female doctor

7. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

as a woman, I definitely feel more comfortable with another woman performing my gyno exams. when i first started going i went to my mothers doc, this old man, and while he was plenty nice, it was just weird.
    My reasoning is that a woman knows what I mean when I talk to her better than a man does...I am fairly private when it comes to my body, and i really don't want to go into more detail than i have to.
    but yea, that doc should be banned from every touching women again.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm not sure if it's a requirement or not. An ethical physician would always have a female present during and examination. It is now done for legal protection, just to prevent a lawsuit. As a nurse I would have another female go with me, usually a nursing assistant.

9. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

it might be a requirment in new jersey...i seem to remember the male docs ive been to there asking if i was ok with the nurse leaving.
    maybe im just fuzzy in my memories.

10. winwintoo macrumors 6502

It seems there isn't a rule any more. I was at a doctor who looked up my nose a while a go and he had his female receptionist come into the room while he examined me. I've also had male doctor do more intimate and intrusive investigations with no-one else present.

The other day I was with my aging mother while a doctor performed a bone marrow extraction and he said a patient the day before (also an elderly lady) rather enjoyed the experience because that was the first time in over 30 years that a man had touched her bottom :D

I guess it's all in your attitude.

m

11. virividox thread starter macrumors 601

virividox

hahah yeah, i guess if your comfortable with being alone then its fine; but it would be better if doctors had female nurses or other staff to accompany them, and just ask if the patient would rather have them present or gone; no harm in asking right, prevents law suits, awkwardness just by asking a simple question

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

In your example, bartenders only hurt themselves. This hurt at least 44 other women, and then there are the ones who don't speak up. Also, these are the ones who actually filed lawsuits. I'm sure there's more than 44 victims. Sarcasm, yes, but big difference.

And of course a woman would feel more comfortable around a female gynecologist. Anyway, I think its required that a female nurse be present, but some doctors may be more lax about it. Not like every law is followed so closely, anyway.

13. winwintoo macrumors 6502

GAH!! There's good and bad on both sides. It's buyer beware in the medical field just like anything else. I guess we're lucky in Canada in that our medical system allows us choice of what doctor we go to and if we don't like how we're being treated, we don't need to go back. There's no threat of losing benefits.

Mom and I were in a walk-a-thon last weekend for people who've had hip replacements. Well, in the course of the afternoon, Mom fell. One of the orhtopods saw her fall, realized she was ok, saw that I was handling the situation correctly and stood by in case I needed help. Mom panicked so I called for a nurse to come and help me. There was a huddle of nurses there since the event was sponsored by one of the hospitals. They came over and asked what happened. I told them Mom fell. "What do you want us to do?" they asked. "You're the professionals," I thought. They talked among themselves and decided that she must be thirsty and ran to get some bottled water for her :mad: :mad: :mad:

After lying still for a few minutes, Mom realized that she hadn't broken anything and only her pride was injured so a young man helped her to her feet and into a wheelchair and then offered to push her the rest of the way in the walk - of course Mom was delighted - it's been years since a man has touched her bum too :D :D :D

I can't imagine how those nurses went from "she fell" to "she must be thirsty" I can only think that Mom is not very high-styling and probably looked pathetic lying there. Had she been dressed in DKNY and dripping in diamonds, I bet they would have reacted differently.

I'm betting that those women in the original article at the start of this thread are marginal income and draw the short straw when it comes to medical services - they feel threatened by the system and feel they have to go along or lose benefits - pity.

Take care, M

14. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

This guy deserves to get it cut off, and get a giant spikey anal probe jammed up his @$$!