It's easier to use OS X with a better mouse

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by arogge, Feb 6, 2005.

1. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

I like my Mac much more now that I have a proper pointing device connected to it. I can move the mouse cursor all over the screen and never run off the mouse pad. I now have no pain in my wrist from using the mouse, and so can work longer without feeling like I'm getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from repeatedly pushing and pulling and lifting the mouse. All those contextual pop-up menus work now by simply using the right-click. There's a scroll lock so I can click and drag without holding the left button, and I have forward and back buttons. There's also a scroll wheel so I don't have to keep clicking on the scrollbars of each window; I can point to a window and scroll without clicking on the window. Video games are easier to use because I don't have to worry about running off the edge of the mouse pad and losing control of the pointer while trying to shoot at a swarm of monsters. Many tasks can now be done faster and with less strain. :)

2. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

hehe yes I didn't even open my apple mouse when I got my new G5. Just plugged my logi tech 2 button/scroll wheel mouse in and I've been using that.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

What's your other hand busy doing? ;)

Sorry. Had to ask.

4. arogge thread starter macrumors 65816

arogge

Using the keyboard, holding the phone, or maybe eating. :D

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

suuuuuuuuure, thats what they all say ;)

6. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I find the Apple mouse simpler after you get over the no scroll wheel. :)

7. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

While other mice may have more features and what not, I have no problem with Apple's Pro Mouse w/ 1 button. I could really go either way.

8. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't use the kinds of applications/games that would benefit most from a multi-button mouse with a scroll wheel, so I'm perfectly happy with the Apple Pro Mouse Apple provides with all Macs bar the Mac mini.